Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: 3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 13:25 #27285

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
Perfect weather and perfect track conditions gave us a fantastic ride

with some minor issues with bikes and one bruised shoulder from a slip over the ride was utherwise incident free

3 days of dry weather dried the tracks out enough to not be so mudded as promised , we even had small amounts of dust on north facing tracks .
There were only about 3 trees fallen that were new and one narrrow track that had dead wattle trees and heads every 50m or so
A team effort got all bikes through, around, over, under trees , and cleared or created tracks around 

Most of the tracks were fast flowing with large , predictable jumps/ wash outs.
the steepest and ruttiest tracks  were dry enough to get down luckily 

had to get the maps out a couple of times to stay on track to the pub ( at about 80ks ) where we had lunch on the verandah and the promise that the pub would reopen in a few weeks 
from there it was fast tracks back to the cars around 4pm and 120ks clocked 

So this ride had previously been named "hell ride " by a couple of riders who couldnt handle too much mud and slipery and bailed half way through the ride , i prefered it be "mud ride" but didnt end up as muddy as last time , so its up to the punters  now 

Thanks to Lefty for being Tail man  all day , didnt have too many issues  

photos to follow 

The administrator has disabled public write access.

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 17:31 #27286

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Was a great day Jeff, from the secure parking to the lunch in the sunshine then the blast home was terrific. A very well organized run and a bunch of happy riders made for a fantastic day. Scraped the ice off the windscreen at 6.30 then started the convoy run into the property in Coles Road. Bit of sunshine round 8.30 and we were into it, not sure if I should have worn a jacket but glad I didn't. A few fast moving tracks then "3 steep down hills before lunch". I counted 5 and observed a few bikes and riders high siding on one down hill to add to the trip. Just a great day with Dave adding some entertainment and concerns. Great to catch up with some old and new faces.
Kudos to you Jeff for putting on a great day.
Yeah, not much happened down the back. Just a lot of waving and thumbs up.

Cheers,

Lefty.

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 18:55 #27287

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 18:56 #27288

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 18:57 #27289

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 20:20 #27290

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Haven't ridden much this year due to renovations at home, and it was a late decision to jump on.
On the way home I was thinking what a good decision that was.
Awesome day out on the bike with a great bunch of blokes.
My thoughts where also about the wind chill factor and to wear a jacket or not, but that as only for an hour or so, and with the first of it being tighter tracks wasn't an issue.
A few trees down here and there, as to be expected, with everyone lending a hand made the tasks easy and enjoyable.
The steep down hills caught me a bit with a couple of lay downs within 10 meters of each other.
Had a bit of fun with Jas on the other 17 FE350, side by side up some hills jumping the wash outs.
All in all it was one of those days that make you feel privileged about being able to ride a dirt bike.
Jeff did a great job with this loop, and thanks to lefty for tail man duties.

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 26 Aug 2018 21:35 #27291

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Was an awesome day out, Thanks to Jeff for organizing and leading, It was worth the wait, some mixed terrain and muddy conditions and a bit of a workout lifting bikes up over and around trees, Bloody freezing when we got to the unloading area, I prepared early for the winter cold by fattening up and putting on a coat in late summer, however today I feel like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. Was a great crew to ride with and thanks to Lefty for sweeping. And forgot to mention the special appearance of David Jarvis, had a word to the wife when I got home.
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 27 Aug 2018 21:51 #27300

• Paulca
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Thanks Jeff, such a great variety of tracks and mixture of hills and tight and open trails.

I think I was lucky to make it back to the cars, the rollers started falling off my chain a third of the way in. Jeff had a look at the chain after we had a beer and noticed all of the teeth were missing from the front sprocket. I took the chain off yesterday and found that the master link clip wasn't there either.

Thanks to all for help getting through the trees, and thanks to Lefty for sweeping.

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 28 Aug 2018 08:05 #27305

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Is it time for another pre-ride bike inspection thread.  :)
It's just more time to be flat out!

3 Bridges to Reefton Ride report 28 Aug 2018 11:15 #27306

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Good to see you getting your moneys worth out of that chain and sprocket set Paul.Thanks for putting the ride on Jeff i had a great day with a terrific bunch of blokes, the teamwork demonstrated when an obstacle had be conquered was fantastic.Also thanks Lefty for being tailman all day.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds