Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville Ride 8/4/18

Marysville Ride 8/4/18 09 Apr 2018 11:13 #25437

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Great day at Marysville again. The morning was clear & crisp before  warming up to a beautiful day.
Mark led 9 of us  along the usual tracks before sneaking down a couple of tracks that i haven't been on before which were crackers. Over to the Acheron side to find some mud to play in which Peter loved as he played in it for longer than most i believe.
Then we headed over to the Black Range for lunch on the trail & spent the afternoon playing before heading back via the triangle. In desperate need of rain up there to settle the dust a bit but other than that i think everyone enjoyed themselves.
Great to see Peter(Flipper) again & Graeme & Holly which i haven't seen since the last HCR 
Thanks Mark for hosting the ride & Graeme for tail duties.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville Ride 8/4/18 09 Apr 2018 12:21 #25446

• Nathan14
  • Junior Boarder
Had a cracker of a day, it was a bit too dusty in some sections but nothing a scotch when I got home couldn’t wash down
thanks mark for leading the ride and also the two tail men. 
MARK you mentioned that you needed to change your fork rings? When I got home mine where also leaking yay! More money. 

Marysville Ride 8/4/18 10 Apr 2018 12:47 #25470

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for a great day out Mark.

It was good to get back on the bike after 4 months, and I felt a bit rusty to start with, but that didn't last long.

The new tracks you've incorporated are excellent - just adds to the fun! Yes, the dust was a nuisance, but at least it was limited to the main roads for the most part.

Thanks also to Stuart and Graeme for going tail for the day - hope you didn't inhale too much of the tracks back there!

I do need to add one thing though - please guys, if the ride is advertised as being 100kms (and this was), try to carry enough fuel to do the distance. It is pretty easy to calculate your fuel usage, so you can work out how much extra is needed to get there. My speedo said 106km for the day, and that was with a few extra challenge sections included, so we were pretty close to the estimated distance.

Last Edit: 10 Apr 2018 12:59 by flipper.

Marysville Ride 8/4/18 10 Apr 2018 15:46 #25481

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Hey you guys with leaking fork seals - Buy a fork seal cleaning gizmo from Ballards - They work - I reckon 50% of seals leaking is caused by a bit of dirt in the seal - save yourselves some money and time.

Prior to this cleaner being available we used to fold a plastic money note in half and push it up into the seal (between the seal and fork leg) and then wipe the dirt out, with a rotating down motion, with the note - that worked as well.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Marysville Ride 8/4/18 12 Apr 2018 14:33 #25512

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Hmmm, wish my bike's problem was only leaking fork seals....

I was diagnosing a minor 'clunk' in my steering today, thinking it was time for some new stem bearings, and discovered the alloy steering stem had snapped inside the head stem.

Lucky that the triple clamps help keep the front end held together!
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds