Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: COLIN'S WESBURN RIDE 13/1/18

COLIN'S WESBURN RIDE 13/1/18 14 Jan 2018 08:24 #24291

• Grandpa
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Huge thanks to Colin for running a well planned & executed first trip as ride leader, you came through with flying colours mate !!!
Was great to see plenty of familiar faces at the meeting point in Yarra Junction  & a bit interesting that one of the main topics of conversation was retirement plans & superannuation.............. Hmmm we're all getting a bit older !!
Started the ride as tail man on easy flowing tracks which would have been heaven for a big adventure bike !  Ted was worried that his pace was a bit slow....... rubbish !! Ted you were blitzing it on the newly Rekluse equipped WR !
About 20klm in we regrouped & being tail man when the group took off, I let the riders go before getting mobile on the Beta Xtrainer.................well I went about 5 metres !!!!!  WTF ???   bike stalled  !  no worries press the start button again.....................Oh dear, a few strange noises from the bike,& even more strange noises from me & its immediately diagnosed as a rock solid, you aint going anywhere, seized motor !!! 
So, no choice but to sit tight & wait for the trusty    "Amtra leaves no rider behind" system to come to the rescue. Sure enough, eventually Garry turns up & relays the news back to Colin & then the whole group comes back.
Thanks to Colin's knowledge of the area, we hooked up the tow strap to Trev's DRZ & had a short & easy tow back to the cars.
Cause of seize  ??  dunno yet, but I'm 99% sure its the oil injection system that decided not to inject oil !
Thanks again blokes for the rescue, especially Colin, Trev & Garry.
What happened on the second half of the ride ??? stuffed if I know  !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

COLIN'S WESBURN RIDE 13/1/18 14 Jan 2018 11:00 #24294

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Hi Steve, sorry to hear you might have seized ya bike mate, the first thing I would do is remove the plug & see if there's any tell tails signs, from what you've said it might be some thing to do the with starter motor, like gear broke or has come loos & jammed up the the works.

Interested to know what was the cause of the locked up motor mate.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

COLIN'S WESBURN RIDE 13/1/18 16 Jan 2018 09:35 #24346

• Grandpa
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Gday Frankie,  Bike is at dealer now, initial inspection shows piston / bore to be ok, so you might be on the right track.... 

COLIN'S WESBURN RIDE 13/1/18 16 Jan 2018 11:48 #24349

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Grandpa wrote:
Gday Frankie,  Bike is at dealer now, initial inspection shows piston / bore to be ok, so you might be on the right track.... 

Thanks mate for the info, what ever it is, it really sucks when the bike stops, hopefully it won't hurt ya pocket too much to get it going again.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds