Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville Ride 8th October

Marysville Ride 8th October 09 Oct 2017 13:35 #22954

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
  So i had a busy day on Saturday, bit of work to do in the garden then off to my daughters basketball, so i wasnt able to organize myself for  the Sunday ride until after dinner.Got my gear ready then decided since the tracks would be dry i would give the RM250  a run so i put it on the ute and went inside. Had a quick check of the club forum at about 8pm just to make sure everything was sweet and bugger me, Mark is crook and has had to cancel the ride.Then i see the next 2 posts from Frankie and Ian suggesting somebody else should fill in and i thought to myself that there would probably be people that didnt know it was cancelled and still make the trip up there so what the hell i will give it a go.
      Sunday morning and 9 riders showed up on a nice mild morning great conditions for i ride.I had a chat to Lefty and we formulated a rough plan of attack, then i did my best explanation of the cornerman system and off we went.Once we got riding my nervousness disappeared and it wasnt as difficult as i expected.We did the normal ride around the triangle then a little bit of a narrower track then headed across the highway and up what i think Phil Randall used to call slippery track.Then we looped back around and headed towards Ure Spur track , it was on this section that a roo came bounding out in front of me then did a hard left turn and proceeded to roost me as it took off along the track in front of me, we clocked it at between 55 - 60km/h for a good 3 or 4 minutes before it turned back into the bush.
                   We regrouped at the bottom of the Ure spur before heading off up the hill, all but 2 riders made it to the top, so after another regroup we started to do the loop back down to pick them up, but when i went to start my bike the $&%#&ing kickstarter broke.Ian came back and gave me a push and we were off again , 5 minutes later my clutch cable broke, so now i felt like a total dick, first time leading a ride and my bike was letting me down big time.After some discussion Lefty suggested we head back to the cars for lunch and to decide what to do next.I soon got into the swing of riding without a clutch and if i had to wait for somebody to put them on a corner i just rode around in circles,we got back to the cars with about 80 kms on the clock.

Ted and Frank decided to call it a day ,the rest of us headed out and did another 40 kms or so and were back at the cars about 3pm.I had a really good ride despite the bike problems and i hope everybody else enjoyed the day too.Thanks heaps Lefty for your help and also every one else who was there as it was a real group effort.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al, Frankieboy

Marysville Ride 8th October 09 Oct 2017 16:13 #22956

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Well done Phil, looks like we have another ride leader.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

Marysville Ride 8th October 09 Oct 2017 17:41 #22961

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Good stuff, Phil.

Considering how many K's you did last week, this ride should have been a walk in the park!

Bummer about the bike.  You can't trust them Suzuki's!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Marysville Ride 8th October 09 Oct 2017 18:19 #22965

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Hey Phil, we doubled up on the report so I've cut and pasted mine here.

Wow, what a great day. Pete was away playing in the sand and Mark has the man flu, this does exist as I've had it. Lesser men would be in
hospital.
Phil put his hand up to lead the ride, lucky Phil, and 8 others turned
up to scoot around the tracks of Marysville. Mother nature didnt know
quite what to do today. Think she might have had menopause one minute
wet, next minute dry,cold,hot, wet,cold,hot etc. We did the usual tracks
around the triangle at a reasonable pace and getting to Ure Spur at
1130ish had 60 ks on the clock already.
Ure Spur was in fair condition and all bar 2 youngsters made it up so
around we go to collect them and move on. This is where Lucky Phil's
luck ran out. He's been to the gym a bit of late and managed to kick his
kick starter off, this made starting a problem then his clutch cable
snapped, ouch.
We decided to get him back to the cars, have lunch and regroup.
Two pulled the pin at lunch and 7 headed back out to clock up some more
K's. A quick blast back to Perry Track and reverse ride some of the
tracks we did in the morning, it was fantastic. Mind you Phil was doing
it without a kickstarter or clutch, gotta love endeavor.
More blasting and getting back to the cars around 3.30 with 118ks on the clock.
Got a great loop there Phil, well done and kudos to you for leading this time honored tradition.
It really was a team effort in making the day work, thanks to all who came and made it a fantastic day.
Special mention to young Ted who did a fine job.
Lefty out.
PS. Ian Derb has a new steed, a whopping KTM 500. On the back wheel all day.

Marysville Ride 8th October 12 Oct 2017 11:42 #23024

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks heaps for taking over the running of the ride at the last minute Phil.
Hope you enjoyed the clear tracks out front, even with the niggling problems with the RM.

Marysville Ride 8th October 16 Oct 2017 21:49 #23084

• Ted
Thanks lefty  Ihad a great day maybe a bit slow  but I thank everyone for keeping an eye out for me  I will be there next month ready to go Ted
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds