Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Glenburn 6th May

Glenburn 6th May 07 May 2017 10:35 #21233

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
We met at the Glenburn servo just prior to 9am, and had a brief delay as Mark tried his best to confuse the servo staff with a sandwich order for his lunch.

Then off in the cars again for the short haul to the unloading area.

The forecast was for rain from midday onwards, but the blue skies and zero wind made the start of the ride pretty much perfect for the 7 of us. The tracks were ideal - damp in spots, but not too slippery overall, and there was even some dust at times.

Wade led us on a nicely challenging section of track as a warm-up, and as everyone seemed comfortable with it, the tone for the ride appeared to have been set for the day.

We tackled lots of overgrown tracks for the morning loop, including a couple of challenging hill climbs covered in ruts and tree roots. The clutch on the AJP got a solid workout going up one of the climbs, and I could feel the clutch lever getting softer the more I tried to keep it slipping.

Lunch was back at the cars, and the blue skies had been taken over by dark clouds, but with no sign of the forecast rain as yet. We were promised a more open loop for the arvo, so it was back onto the bikes as soon as the food was scoffed down.

The arvo session was a little more relaxed – I even managed to get a brief lie-down in the mud at one stage when I lost my focus whilst crossing between ruts. The group flowed really well, and there wasn’t much passing needed, as everyone was keeping to similar speeds.

We did have 2 casualties for the day, a Go Pro, and my Garmin camera were both ripped off by overhanging branches, but were both thankfully recovered with only broken mounts.

The general consensus was to call it ‘quits’ when the first rain drops started mid-afternoon, and the final track back towards the cars tested our balance skills as it got even slipperier due to the rain combining with the shiny clay surface.

73.6 kms on the speedo, and happy faces all round – Thanks for a great day out Wade, and thanks also to Lefty for being tailman all day - his comment that ‘the group made it easy as there wasn’t anything for me to do’ summed up the ride nicely.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Pez

Glenburn 6th May 08 May 2017 20:16 #21247

• Evo
Thanks for a great ride report Pete, I think you summed up the days ride  nicely
I would like to thank all the riders who attended you made the ride flow along great.
I managed to link up most of the tracks I planned to do and with the near perfect weather conditions
the day worked out just fine for me.
Wade

Glenburn 6th May 08 May 2017 21:24 #21251

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Yes great ride report Pete. Also, thanks for your help getting up that steep hill, I haven't been that knackered for a long time!!!!  Wade yet another terrific Glenburn ride thanks. If only I had a Go Pro, I would have been able to put up the footage of Danny taking a swim in a massive bog hole on the last track, Wade was right with his description of bike eating bog holes they were deep. Fortunately we were just a short ride back to the cars. Thanks everyone for a great ride and lots of fun and to Lefty for doing the tail duties for the day. Colin

Glenburn 6th May 10 May 2017 10:27 #21270

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Great day out Wade, I really enjoyed the challenge and the loop was fantastic. Well done on the report Pete couldn't have said it better my self. Thanks to the others for making it a great day, lots of laughs, smiles and plenty of sweat.

See you on the next one,
Lefty. 

Glenburn 6th May 10 May 2017 13:24 #21273

• Evo
Well then if you gentleman enjoyed the ride that much I will be putting on another one but, I think a clubman is the appropriate level this time.  
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds