Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Glenburn 18/3/17

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 09:00 #20524

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Glenburn 18/3/17

Great, but dusty day out on the trails with wade and 6 others. Picked Wade up and Wade bought be breakfast at the road house, thanks mate. At 8.25 we had accounted for all punters and we were off to the unloading area and on the bikes for 9.15. It was a short run into the first track for the day that saw some questions been asked about the ride level for the day. I did my best to put on a good show of my talents, by launching the yami vertically and smashing off my numberplate and taillight holder. (second time in two rides) The day consisted of some transport and some cool tracks that threw up some challenges, but as always help was always on hand. We ended up back at the cars for lunch, think wade got a bit losts to be honest, but after a feed we were back out there again minus one rider who pulled the pin. The arvo was a bit more open and had some very cool flowing trails for the day. But still with some challenges thrown in. I had a good day and some fun and laughs. Thanks Wade and Daz for tailman all day.
See you on the next one, Al
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyh1709

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 09:42 #20525

• Evo
A big thank you to Al for getting me organized during the week and transporting me to and from the ride. I set out to change the Glenburn ride from a easy 100 km to a more challenging less dusty 50 - 60 km affair,  which is sort of what we got! Yes I lost my way at times but shit happens. A big thank you to Darren for his tailman efforts all day and Al colin and Ian for making the day great fun.
Wade
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2017 09:46 by Evo.

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 12:28 #20530

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Nice ride report so far AL & Wade, I think I speak for everyone in the club,  I look forward to the ride reports, it's impossible to attend all the rides that the club puts on, reading the reports is the next best thing to being there, so to everyone else that was on the ride, don't disappoint me, I would like to read how ya day went.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 13:06 #20531

• Evo
I just realized on my first post I forgot to mention Tony Stuart and Graeme who were riding for the first time at Glenburn. Sorry it was definitely beyond a level 2 ride though you all made it to the end. Well done! You are all welcome to any future rides l do 
Wade 

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 13:54 #20532

• DarrenD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Had a great day.  I haven't ridden much lately so stuck my hand up to do tail.  It was fun just hanging down the back taking my time and helping out when I had to.  Nothing went wrong and all the riders managed to do what Wade put in front of them.  The tracks were free flowing in parts and a bit more challenging in other parts.  It was a great ride and thanks Wade for putting it on.  We were done by just after 2 which was great as much longer out there and it was going to fry a couple of us. Also thanks Colin for that jump start in the morning.

Thanks

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 18:35 #20533

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi Wade, thanks for putting on a great ride with so much variety of tracks. Having had some starting problems at the last couple of rides, I re-routed the breather hoses, changed the battery and generally checked everything to the point she was starting beautifully, that was until I unloaded her off the trailer and no go. Bollocks, I decided to try jump starting it from the car battery, well that got her singing!!! The jump leads came in handy for Darren too so we made good use of them.

It was a little dusty but it is the end of summer so we just have to live with it, at least we were riding. I think everyone enjoyed the variety of tracks some of the hills early on in the ride were pretty challenging but there was lots of help if needed.

Having ridden the Freeride several times now, I realise it is the bike for me. It is light, agile and just really fun to ride, if only the bastard would start first thing in the morning it would be great. Anyone want to buy a KTM350 EXCF????.

Thanks again Wade and to you Darren for doing the tail duties all day.  Cheers Colin

Glenburn 18/3/17 19 Mar 2017 18:50 #20534

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Met at the Glenburn Roadhouse on what was a perfect crisp morning to meet Wade & Al. Once everyone was accounted for we were off, heading down Two Hills rd into a cloud of dust from the cars in front. May as well get used to it as I'm going to be eating it all day.
Once everyone was sorted Wade led the way to a steep pinch that took me three go's to get up but I made it after Al gave me a couple of tips on what I was doing wrong. Finally at the top exhausted only to find the others waiting, helmets off & not a bead of sweat amongst them.
 The day was a great mix of technical stuff (for me) & free flowing which was good to cool down on as the temperature was on the rise. Plenty of rest breaks throughout the day gave everyone a chance to rest & have a chat & wash the dust down. Thanks to Wade for hosting, Al for tips & encouragement & Darren for tail duties. Fantastic day, even got to take 1/2 kg of dust home with me. 

Glenburn 18/3/17 20 Mar 2017 07:35 #20541

• tonyh1709
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Wade for organizing a great ride which was well adapted for the hot weather. It was only my second AMTRA ride and my first level 2+ ride. Within a couple of minutes from setting out I saw a Al's  Yami skilfully crossing a major log with the front wheel pointing vertically towards the sun and I thought to myself so what I have I got myself in for today?  With a few steep & challenging hills behind us we were all settled in to take on whatever came our way as there was plenty of help and good camaraderie within the team. Special thanks to Al for great support to all players and some great tech. advice as to how to set up my bike ergs better. (I took up your good advice and have already lowered the bars) The morning riding was challenging in parts but we all got through it with enough rest stops to cool off the riders and their machines. After lunch when it was even hotter (and dustier)  Wades plan was to blow away the cobwebs on some "lovely"  free flowing open trails with the occasional hill climb. This was great fun and I was enjoying it so much I could have kept going in spite of the heat.
A big thankyou to Darren for his tailman duties and to the rest of the team for making  a great day out.
Thanks Wade for the invitation to join in  your future rides which I will be taking you up on.
Cheers Tony     

Glenburn 18/3/17 26 Mar 2017 19:56 #20647

• karl
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
IM jealous I didnt witness it. Sounds like a good run.
I remember doing a wheelie in the lanes around richmond many years ago.
Of course i came unstuck and my legend remains.
2005 BMW HP2
2017 KTM 500
(Super Tenere, zrx900,fj1200,fj1100,gpz1100,vf750,sr500,ts250) - all retired
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds