Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 8/1/17

Marysville 8/1/17 08 Jan 2017 16:39 #19688

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Another fairly small turn-out, with only 5 of us braving the heat and the dust.

Actually, the day started off fairly cool. There had even been rain in the Black Spur, but sadly, nothing on the ground at Marysville itself.

We started off on the usual tracks in the Triangle, and as everyone seemed to be travelling well, I opted to take us down the slightly harder (challenge track) option. Unfortunately, some struggled a little on a couple of the hill climbs, so we tamed things down a bit after that to ensure that the ride was kept enjoyable by everyone. Even the more open tracks have culverts cut across them at regular intervals, providing plenty of good ‘air-time’ to those that enjoy that sort of thing (one of those would be me :)).

There was plenty of dust around, and keeping a gap to the previous rider seemed the best way to deal with it.

The cloud cover was starting to break up by then, and the heat had arrived. I called an early lunch at the creek crossing near Marysville, and a couple of riders ventured in to sample the bakery wares, whilst the rest of us enjoyed our lunch under the shady trees. We were kept entertained by watching dozens of March flies trying to sample Phil’s shaved head as he battled to fix a misaligned gear shifter.

After lunch, it was over to the Dom Dom Saddle side of the road, where it was hoped that the extra tree cover would give us some more comfortable temperatures. There we played on a mix of tighter tracks and open trails before heading back to the cars. It was just getting to the point of being a bit too hot at that stage, so I think the early finish was welcomed by everyone.

Around 80kms on the clock, and a comfortable drive home with the air-con going flat out!

Thanks to everyone for coming out in the heat to blast around the Marysville tracks again, and especially to Phil for going tailman for the day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 8/1/17 08 Jan 2017 18:35 #19691

• karl
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Nice ride report, shame I couldnt make it would have loved to see the March flies attack.
Was pretty hot today, so good on the group for braving it.
2005 BMW HP2
2017 KTM 500
(Super Tenere, zrx900,fj1200,fj1100,gpz1100,vf750,sr500,ts250) - all retired

Marysville 8/1/17 08 Jan 2017 19:02 #19692

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Thanks for putting on another great days riding Peter. Yes it was hot & dusty but that's expected this time of year. Thank you Phil for tail duties. Hope to see Kris & Keith next time.

Marysville 8/1/17 09 Jan 2017 14:00 #19700

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I was humming and harring on saturday, I whimped out at the last minute, it was just too hot for me, otherwise i would have been there
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds