Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marysville 11 Sept 2016

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 12 Sep 2016 22:26 #18507

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
For once the weather forecast was spot on! Cloudless blue skies and sunshine awaited us at the unloading area, and the warmth in the air was the perfect contrast to the muddy and wet conditions of the tracks.

17 riders made up the group this month, and I think everyone had enjoyed a good workout by the end of the day. The tracks were slippery, but not as greasy as expected considering all the rain that had fallen in the recent days.

Michael did a great job of leading the ride again, showing us a wide variety of tracks with a few muddy challenges thrown in to keep it all interesting. The morning was devoted to riding in the Triangle area before heading towards Marysville for lunch.

Only a handful of riders actually went into Marysville for lunch, with the majority of us lounging around near the creek enjoying our sandwiches and rolls. After lunch, 3 riders called it a day and headed back to the cars, dropping our numbers to 14.

From there, it was over to the Spur side of the road for a bit of a play in the greasy red clay, and then into the Narbethong forest area to test our mettle against a particularly slimy hill climb. Mark showed us the merits of running Tubliss again by letting his tyre pressure right down and coasting up. Sadly he was the only one that got to the top, but not for lack of trying!

At that point we had done over 100kms, and some of the bikes were experiencing fuel-related problems (i.e none left), so there was a bit of juggling of fuel between the bikes to get us back to the cars. A local landowner also kindly gave us 2 litres to divvy up between the bikes.

120kms on the clock for the day and lots of red clay to wash off the bikes before it set rock hard.

A big thanks to Michael for keeping Phil’s monthly Marysville ride going whilst he was overseas, and to our tailmen for the day.

Here’s a video of the track where the group split up and went different routes, so those that took the quieter path this time can see what they missed out on.

[video]3GX3TzyZRKo[/video]
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2016 07:04 by flipper.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 14 Sep 2016 08:18 #18517

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Great Video Pete. Another fun day in the surrounds of Marysville. The wild life is on the increase up there I had two close calls with Wallabies the second was at about 80kph it was almost under my front wheel when it u turned out of harms way very close. Two other riders had encounters with large Deer no one hit anything luckily.

Cheers Michael.

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 14 Sep 2016 19:45 #18525

• aychar350
  • Fresh Boarder
i also had a close call with one of those stupid animals, luckily the rider behind just cleared him also, but all in all  what a great day i had at marysville, the weather was perfect and the terrain was spot on, just fuel capacity of the 450r and my match fitness let me down a bit towards the end, , thanks michael for leading a great bunch of blokes out that way, i will definately be there again,  

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 14 Sep 2016 20:10 #18526

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Good one Pete, thanks.
Have you been chasing more HP? your exhaust sounds fruitier than last time ? :)
It's just more time to be flat out!

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 14 Sep 2016 21:38 #18527

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
Ken R wrote:
Good one Pete, thanks.

Nothing major yet apart from a different CDI unit and some more tuning.
I'm still trying to work out which camshaft to get - do I aim for more low-end, more mid-range, or more top-end? ....decisions, decisions...
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2016 21:39 by flipper.

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 14 Sep 2016 21:57 #18528

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
flipper wrote:
Ken R wrote:
Good one Pete, thanks.

Nothing major yet apart from a different CDI unit and some more tuning.
I'm still trying to work out which camshaft to get - do I aim for more low-end, more mid-range, or more top-end? ....decisions, decisions...

Don't muck about Pete - get one of each ;)

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 15 Sep 2016 07:23 #18529

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Vvt flipp.;)
Al

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 15 Sep 2016 07:24 #18530

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
Al wrote:
Vvt flipp.;)
Al
Nah - far too fancy for this engine!

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 15 Sep 2016 09:14 #18531

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
Al wrote:
Vvt flipp.;)
Al

Please explain?

And Pete, You buying a cam for more low end would probably be wasted after listening to you on top end most of the day. I did hear it bog down a couple of times so if the mid range  improvement cam does not loose any top end maybe thats the way go. It may enable the engine last a bit longer too :D

Marysville 11 Sept 2016 15 Sep 2016 10:52 #18533

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Variable valve timing Ken.

Have a couple of adjustable timing cams left here from my celica twin cam your welcome to cut the extra lobes of flipp?
Al  :-P
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds