Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 14/8/16

Marysville 14/8/16 15 Aug 2016 19:06 #18222

• LukeDebJ
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Another great Marysville ride thanks Michael :)
New tracks were awesome thanks for your all time and effort into putting on these rides
Conditions were slippery to say the least :shock: 
As usual a great bunch to ride with new and old faces.
Thanks to Mark and Ian for tail man duties
lots of team blue out there:D
Cheers
Luke and Deb
Last Edit: 15 Aug 2016 20:50 by LukeDebJ.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 14/8/16 16 Aug 2016 12:00 #18230

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Well done Michael, you've really got that place sorted. Loved that extra little thin stuff, great to go back there again. The sun even came out in the afternoon to finish off a great day.
Cheers.

Marysville 14/8/16 17 Aug 2016 10:33 #18247

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for the kind words. The ride went pretty much to plan. With a few new faces along I did a couple of loops of easy stuff which everyone coped with ok so we headed for the tracks around Dom Dom which I'd been to during the month with the trusty chain saw to reopen. The first couple went well but the third defeated us. I think we lost about an hour pushing through and  we got down to 6 out of 24 riders when Mark the tail man came through and told us the others went back to the last intersection.
We back tracked out and continued the loop around Dom Dom  with one hold up on a hill with a bike with a broken clutch perch. This was wired up and we were off again. Time was getting on so we crossed back over to the triangle where I knew some wanted to head for home. Luke took another 7 with him back to the cars and the rest came to Marysville for lunch.
 Lunch was done by about 3.00pm. We then did some of the northern tracks in the triangle when at a regroup we noticed Jonny arrive on his TT350 with the bars looking a little low on the left side. He'd had a crash and snapped his Renthals clean in half near the clamp. We undid the clamps and slid the bars over and could clamp the other piece in as well. The bike made it back to the cars ok with the bars like that.
We got back the cars at about 4.30pm and did about 115km.
Thanks to Mark and Ian for tail duty and all the others for their company.

Marysville 14/8/16 18 Aug 2016 21:40 #18271

• Joe Bool
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
It was a ripper day, thanks everybody

Marysville 14/8/16 19 Aug 2016 08:55 #18272

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Good to get out for a ride and get to know the Marysville slide again. Great selection of tracks and good weather made for a very enjoyable ride. Thanks Mike for leading and Mark and Ian for tail.
The older I get, the slower I was.

Marysville 14/8/16 19 Aug 2016 10:49 #18273

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for another fun outing in the greasy conditions, Michael- those tracks are great for keeping your reaction times well practiced :)

I had hoped to get a few photos up, but it looks like my camera's SD card has decided to play 'funny buggars', and isn't showing any files. Time for a new card I think!

Thanks also to Mark and Ian for doing tailman duties - no doubt the views of the bikes in front of you slipping and sliding everywhere would have been very entertaining!
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds