Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Glenburn 22nd May

Glenburn 22nd May 22 May 2016 20:13 #16320

• Evo
With a last minute rush of amtra members joining myself and Kenny at Glenburn today the ride went ahead as planned. I was going to cancel it Wednesday night, glad I didn't. The ride itself worked out great with some open flowing tracks and slippery ups and downs everyone taking a turn on their arse.  Only issue was some electrical problems with a KTM

Some  pics from the day

The problematic KTM

The experts on the job

Problem solved but just look at all that wiring
Last Edit: 24 May 2016 03:09 by Evo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Glenburn 22nd May 22 May 2016 21:19 #16322

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Great day out with lots of sliding around and no dust. The ride flowed really well until the Kato stopped. Lots of work on fuel flow, then a new plug but she was still unhappy. The tow rope was about to come out when an almost broken thru wire was spotted, reconnected and the starter button pushed for a happy sound. 

A great selection of tracks Wade, from slimy bog holes to dry rocky ups and downs, so glad you didn't pull the pin, the love came thru and the dirtriderz guys were a good bunch and a first time for me.

Tip for us all - make sure the wiring is tucked away from potential pinch points and secured with zip ties.

Thanks Wade and Colin for tail and all who came for the fun.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Glenburn 22nd May 22 May 2016 21:48 #16323

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for yet another quick-paced Glenburn ride Wade - I'm glad I managed to get there. Thanks also to Colin for doing the tailman duties all day. It was a great bunch of guys to ride with - lots of banter and help wherever needed.

I think I'm going to sleep very, very well tonight!

Glenburn 22nd May 23 May 2016 20:46 #16379

• Rudi
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Wade

Thanks for great day out on the trails.:)
It was a good opportunity to try out the new old bike. RMX250
Apart from the rear brake issue I am extremely please with the bike. Thanks Colin and Pete for your positive input and your willingness to help  to  help all the time.

Thanks to Colin for doing tail man al day.

And thanks to great bunch of blokes .:)

Glenburn 22nd May 23 May 2016 22:30 #16382

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks for organising a great ride Wade. I think we covered well over 100km for the day with a bit of everything thrown in. Pete scored his first puncture on the trail, not that you could tell as the tube was replaced and we were on our way in around 15 minutes which I think was pretty good. We all learnt a bit about unlocking rear brakes on Rudi's new pride and joy. Then there was the KTM 350, not mine!!!

Wades pictures tell the story, everyone contributed in one way or another to get the bike going. It seemed like it was starving for fuel, it would run on idle but wouldn't rev without backfiring and cutting out. We decided to clean out the fuel filter and change the plug, neither an easy job on these bikes but while the tank was off and we had a plug why not. No difference. Somebody decided to do the 'wiggle test' on the wiring around the battery while the bike was running, it cut out. On further investigation we found one of the wires leading to the fuel pump relay had rubbed through on the plastic side panel leaving just 2 strands of wire connected. We took off the right hand cover cut and re joined the cable then we were away. Thank goodness as we were about 60km from the cars!!

Looking forward to the next ride Wade. Cheers Colin

Glenburn 22nd May 24 May 2016 13:11 #16394

• Evo
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, I was just glad to get everyone back to the cars in one piece. It was a fast ride!
Thanks Colin for your sweep riding for the whole day :) 
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds