Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 22 May 2016 19:45 #16318

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Firstly thanks to the Degoey's for putting on this ride and weekend!!!!!

Coop and I had a ball from his excitement of been picked up from school with bikes in the back of the ute and the camper in tow. We arrived around 7pm to be met by a good turn out of campers already settled in, and as the night rolled on more and more arrived.

Saturday morning and some prodding and we were under ways with 25ish riders by just after 9am, the dust was out early and so was the waiting. As I sat on the 2nd corner of the day for what seemed ever as I was very keen to ride, we were under way and straight past Serge on corner 3. ;)
As the day rolled on the group flowed so well for the size of the group and the dust, with plenty of time to stretch the legs between overtaking the pack and corner man duty. So much fun for the day, one of the quickest paced level 1.5 rides i've ever been on. The day just worked and the track selection was spot on.
The fact I got to stay another night and ride again today was just the icing on the cake.
Thanks Helen for looking after coop for the day and making it possible for me to ride. :)
Thanks to everyone who attended and to Gaz for tail duties for the day.
Till the next one, Al and Coop

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 22 May 2016 20:00 #16319

• johnny d
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Great weekend, great company, great ride,.!  Massive thankyou to Gary for riding tail man all day- top job.. Peter Ross you are the man- Bob was a little overwhelmed when you rocked up.. Helen thankyou so much for keeping the home fire burning until we got back.. Awesome ride people- what dust????

NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 22 May 2016 20:29 #16321

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Yes Johnny & Bob seemed a bit surprised, I thought I would surprise You both and just turn up with the Fairy Cakes.

Fabulous Weekend Camping and Riding for all that attended, losts of Ballistic Tracks and awesome Flowing Narrow Trails.
Serge shut the door on me " Prick" and Al and I had a bit of a Hoon session,  the only thing that was a Pain it the Butt was the Fine Dust.
10/10 Saundra & Johnny.  " I'll BE BACK" :):):):):):):):) 
Thanks  Bob for the Blanket & Geoff for the Sleeping Bag !!!   I Knew I would forget Something as I drove down my Street.

Return trip from my Joint 520Klms
Last Edit: 22 May 2016 20:55 by Peter R.

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 17:45 #16346

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
It's a long-arse haul from the Eastern Suburbs down to Woodside, but once I cleared the traffic leaving town, the run was un-eventful.  upon arrival, I was greeted by the smiling face of Poiter (who had declared he was a no-show for the weekend), along with Bob, Johnny and a hand full of others.  as usual, Pete and I were camp together and we settled into a few frothies as the rest of the crew rolled up.  Neil's mate Alex made a special entrance as he was calling out "Neil, Neil" whilst driving down the road.  unfortunately, Neil hadn't arrived at this time, so Alex's noise meant nothing to us!  consequently, we all thought he was bit of a dill, until Neil arrived and explained that he always did that!  We still thought he was bit of a dill.

We all had a relatively early night and morning came too soon.  The rest of the riders arrived whilst we were having breakfast, then it was time to gear up and get ready.  Bob did her ride-leader speech, then it was start-your-engine time.

The plan was that Bob would lead some sections, the JD would take over and lead others.  Sounded like a plan.  We did double cornermen for the day, to spread the crew out and as Al said, the pace was hot from the get go, with him sailing past the second corner, despite two of us pointing the way to go!  Initially, we stuck to some fairly open tracks, until Bob handed the reigns to JD and things got a bit 'skinny'.  we may (or may not) have done some narrow tracks, that may (or may not) have had lots and lots of whoops on them and some other alleged narrowish tracks that may (or may not) have been a hoot!  First re-group saw a lot of happy riders with big grins on their dials!

Conditions were fantastic!  bright sunshine, but not hot and no sign of rain (although a little wet stuff would have kept some of the dust down).  A good mix of tracks made for a heap of fun, including one down-hill stretch with a sharp corner at the end, where I managed to get my front wheel in front of Pete's and beat him through the corner.  I then managed to shut him out buy locking him behind a slower rider.  It was grouse!  It lasted for all of 8 seconds, but in my mind it went on forever!

The area around Mullundung is fairly flat (at least where we were riding), so when we climbed onto the 'heli-pad' for lunch, we were greeted by some great views (and Helen and the kids and Mat, who missed the morning start).

More tracks, more fun, more racing and another re-group.

Now, one of those alleged skinny tracks had us popping out onto a main road and as we exited, we were met by a couple of Parks Vic rangers, who were non too pleased with where we had (allegedly) exited!  Bob and JD did some fast talking and we were given a warning, but unfortunately, the rangers were headed the same direction we were intending to go (and that may (or may not) have gotten un-comfortable),  so with just under 100 ks on the clock, we headed back to camp.  Some guys re-fueled and went out for another loop, whilst the rest of us settled into the usual post-ride refreshments.

After a while, some riders packed up and headed home (reluctantly), while the rest of us organized dinner and sat around the fire till calling it a night.  Pete and I woke earlyish, had breakfast and headed off while other hung around and had another ride.  All-in-all, a great weekend was had.  Thanks to Bob and JD for putting it all together, Gary for tailman duties and Helen for keeping the home fires burning.  If you haven't done a ride down there, put it on the calendar and do yourself a favour!  It's a long drive (depending where you're coming from), but worth every minute!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 17:50 #16347

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
The one 'hill' we encountered was named 'Cave Hill' (?) and JD sent us ahead to take some pics.

I think I got everyone except Simon (who was videoing), Gary, John and myself!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 18:53 #16357

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Well that was another fantastic weekend  in my playground.  Friday afternoon saw me Johnny and Robert rock up with plenty of daylight left to set up camp and then get a stockpile of firewood  ready for the night. Then a fantastic  surprise of seeing Peter Ross (with fairy cakes) rock up... i was wrapt as ive been dying to show him Mullungdung for ages.  Was a big camp we ended up with . We saw Pete and Luke, Freddo Neil, Alex, Wiggy, Jefff and Helen, Al and Coop , Geoff L, Winston, Serge all get there Friday night so  was very exciting. 
Saturday  morning saw the arrival of Calvin and Cullen,  Fiona, Grant, John L, Gary C, Shane and James (well someone had to keep  Jeff Davey in check... may aswell be them) ,Simon, Scott and Jarrod. 
Ride breifing done and off we went. The morning loop flowed beautifully  with me and Johnny sharing lead rider  duties. 
Open flowy  trails  and lots of fun tracks saw us get to the helipad for  lunch bang on time for  what we were aiming for. Freddo (injured) and Helen Davey with Coop and young  Luke  took my lil Vitara for the scenic route to the helipad to meet us there as some of the  softies didnt want to carry their lunch in their backpacks.... they wanted it served on a silver  platter.... i think  2 of the culprits have the surname..... Davey. :)

But they not only  brought lunch with them..   they also brought none other than Amtras Pres.... Mr Mat Richmond.... who had managed  to get himself  lost but was able to get there in time to follow  the support vehicle via the scenic route to meet us for lunch and jump onto  the afternoon  loop. We had a great day out with Serge playing photographer at Cave Hill so hopefully some actions shots were got.
We got back to the cars a bit after 2 with no injuries or incidents... i had one little  face plant into the bush when my feet couldnt  find the ground when i stopped , Thank you Robert for picking me up.. and a tiny little  splat where a puddle had been and was now just a bit soggy... Thank you  Gary for picking me up.
We got back and had a really  nice relaxing afternoon  by the fire and Hamburgers for dinner for most of us from Bob and Johnny's  kitchen.
The night  was  full of chat and laughter and a good night's  sleep.... breaky was served... Bob and Freddos kitchen this time... fruit, yoghurt, bacon,sausages,fried tomatoes,toast,eggs....coffee. 
So we then said bye bye to Winston, Serge, Pete R and off we went for a Sunday morning loop , packed up and driving out by about 1.30....

Thanks to everyone  who attended....
Special  mention to Gary Clarke for Tail Duties all day. Much appreciated.
To all of you for  the fun and the laughs... for the polite passes and the Thanks Bob as you went by.... better than.... Get outta the way Bob!. ... hmmmm now who was that Jeffrey!!
A massive thanks to my hubby Johnny who as always supports me and my loop.
Thanks Al for as usual  just lookin out for me.
Scott who  helped me and made sure i was ok if he saw a section where i may struggle... just the lookin out for me is really appreciated. 
Shane and James.... sorry you had a S#*@ day.... will try to step up next time and make  it better.

Special thanks to Alex for ruffling  everyones feathers  upon your arrival  and departure. 
NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL....
Will be a story that will be told for a while.

Thanks again everyone.
Luv Bob....
Photos to follow.... stand by.
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 19:11 #16358

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 19:12 #16359

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Johnny and Bobs Kirchen 

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 19:13 #16360

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Johnny in action 

Bob's 1.5 ride 21/3/16 23 May 2016 19:14 #16361

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 23 May 2016 19:28 by sandra bob.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds