Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 11 Apr 2016 19:59 #15608

• Rudi
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Phil for putting on yet another great ride.
I just want to say that i really appreciate your passion for trail riding and for putting on this great ride for us month after month well done mate. 

Kelvin a visitor friend of mine had a ball, with this being his first ride in a long time. Not to mention myself, perfect weather and the trails were in great shape not too much dust.
Hope Mark is ok after hurting his foot in the washout, :( hope you get better soon mate.
Big thanks to Clive for doing tail man and for Mark sweep riding great job.

Thanks to all that made it a great days riding.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 11 Apr 2016 20:49 #15617

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Phil and Mark, had a top day, thanks for all the advice as well, will be back for next ride
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 12 Apr 2016 10:36 #15632

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
           Marysville could not have turned on a better day.  Clear skies, not too hot, or too cold, tracks just moist enough that there was little dust.  The triangle was perfect, we looped around a little and ventured over to Narbathong for some moderate challenges.
           Time flies when you are having fun and Marysville for lunch loomed on the horizon.  But it wasn't to be!.  Mark Timmer managed to tangle with a bit of a wash out and fell badly on one foot.  He seemed to be ok, ever the optimist,  probably just a bruise , but he wasn't keen on continuing so we detoured back to the cars, loaded his bike and he went off ( we are thankful for automatic cars)  to meet his wife for an arranged trip to the Knox emergency department.
           Returning to the cars is always a test that  should be avoided at all cost.
           We regrouped for the afternoon ride, still with a plan to do lunch, our 16 riders had shrunk to 8.  M'ville was off the table, we would go back over to Narbathong for lunch at Buxton and try out Mohican and Whiting tracks and up to the power lines.  For years Mohican had been a track to be avoided, narrow steep and rutted.   However in the last few years it has been opened up, it is still steep in spots and slippery when wet,  but is now an open  steady climb with numerous water bars.    By my normal leadership style I encourage the faster riders to pass me and continue to the to the top.  Linton McPhail had been in fine form all day and passed me in his usual exuberant manner.    But it wasn't to last, he managed to high side on a water bar ( you never have a camera when you need one)  and was resting in the middle of the track when we regrouped.  He felt a bit uncomfortable and after a half hour rest and sit about he seemed fit to ride and we all continued to the Black Range road.  The easiest way back to the cars seemed the best option.
           Time was marching on, we organised ourselves and managed to get away as nightfall was close.
             The after math.    Mark rang me on Monday morning to say he had two broken bones in his ankle that may require some surgery.  Lynton rang later in the day to say he had 5 broken ribs and a broken scapula (shoulder blade).   A sad ending to what otherwise was an ideal day.

Thanks one and all for an otherwise great day,  Mark and Lynton, my heart goes out to you,    I wish you luck in your recovery.   If we can help any where please let me know,
Phil R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason375

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 12 Apr 2016 11:54 #15634

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Phil, you better rename your rides to "Look Out"

Hope Mark and Lynton heal well.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 12 Apr 2016 17:35 #15644

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
So they were both badly hurt, hope they both have a speedy recovery
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 13 Apr 2016 10:28 #15663

• Cclivve
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry to hear about the seriousness of the injuries. Trust you both heal well & not too long off the track. I didn't do the right thing by an injured ankle years ago and subsequently paid the price with arthritis leading to much pain only corrected with an ankle fusion.  Shame to end the ride that way, it was otherwise pretty much perfect. Clive

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 13 Apr 2016 14:20 #15665

• Smuj
  • Fresh Boarder
Thankyou all for your kind thoughts . im booked in for ancle surgery on Tuesday the 19th . Then a few months mending . I was having a ball on the ride on sunday and Im going to miss it . You couldn't meet nicer bunch of riders . Thanks again , Cheers .

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 13 Apr 2016 19:22 #15670

• Rudi
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Mark and Lynton
Really sorry to hear about the seriousness of your injuries, i trust that you will heal up pretty quick.
And we will see you on the trail again soon.

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 15 Apr 2016 17:49 #15731

• lynton mcphail
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was having a great day till 3.30 on the way back from Buxton. A big thanks to all involved ,it did take a long time to get my breath and wits back , sorry we had to take boring roads back. Went to Warragul  hospital ,after the long waits between xrays and ct scans and finding all bones I have broken, its off to the Alfred with fluid on the left lung. Home Thursday  afternoon with lots of pills to take.
Hi mark hope your not as sore as me and the surgery goes well on the 19th.
                                                                                                                                                              cheers Lynton

Cruisy Ride Marysville Sunday 10th April 15 Apr 2016 17:58 #15733

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Lynton,
I know from experience that busted ribs aren't much fun.  Look after them and you'll be back on the bike no time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds