Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15

Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15 28 Dec 2015 12:21 #13562

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
As Predicted the Weather made for a Great Day, Boxing Day 12mm Rain in the Eildon Area washed all the Loose Crap off the Trails, leaving us with a Fantastic Surface to Carve up.
18 Riders attended with all eager to get out and enjoy the Day.
We Rode from Eildon to Kevington Pub for Lunch and as usual Sat under the Massive shading Trees for what seemed for ever. The Ride from Eildon was a good mixture of track with the smell of Freshly watered Gumtree Trees and Bugger all Dust, so everyone had no issues.
After Lunch it was off to Jamieson for fuel and back out into the Bush.
Nathan as usual was tailing me most of the Day and took up 99% of the Corner Man Duties, it felt a bit weird when he Wasn't there to put on a Corner, it's good to Ride with People who you can have a bit of a Race with, and in saying That, one Right Hand off Camber Corner on Newmans Track on the way up to Mt Terrible , he managed to over cook it, but I backed off and let him have some Room. " Funny Stuff"

Geoff L and his newly acquired FE390 is making Excellent Progress and was wrapped with his new found Riding Skills on  the New Beast. Coming from an Old XR250 to a FE390 is Making him a Better Rider and soon he will be up the Front for Good.

Russell Peterson had his Awesome KTM 950R Super Enduro " V8" and as usual I had to give it a Blat on the Dirt. What a BEAST, I love this thing and would love to take it on a Big Trip.

Phil seemed to be Riding Well as did most of the other Rides, but as a Ride Leader you don't get to see much of the Action behind you.

Thanks Guys n Girl for a fabulous Ride and I hope you all enjoyed my Track selection

We covered just under 200 Klm for the day, and no break Downs
Regards Peter

PS:  I have all ready put up a Post for Next Years 27th Dec 2016 Ride !!
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2015 12:24 by Peter R.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15 28 Dec 2015 14:15 #13564

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Pete, thanks for another top day! I had a ball blasting along the trails, plenty of grip and minimal dust makes for fun fun fun!
Like we discussed at lunch, it seems not that long ago that we were at the Kevington pub sitting in the same spots having lunch. Time does fly when you're having fun!
I loved racing Newmans track next to you, when I over cooked that corner and you roosted past me, all I could hear was you laughing your head off, then I started laughing ( after I stopped shitting myself ) good times!
The day flew by with no hold ups or problems and before we knew it we were racing along the road to get back to the cars by 6pm and I was home by 8pm.
Thanks to Matt and Pete for tail duties
Thanks again for a great ride, I'll be there next year!
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2015 14:25 by nathanstott.

Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15 28 Dec 2015 14:19 #13565

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Pete's prediction a couple of months ago of excellentriding conditions came true, the tracks were perfect following rain last
week under sunny blue skies for most of the day. As usual the pace Pete set was
just right with a good size group riding long flowing tracks. It was
interesting following Russel on the big KTM, he just makes that monster
fly. There was one point in an overgrown off camber track which was
littered with trees Russel would have been wishing the bike was a bit
lighter. Matt, had volunteered as tail man for the morning, he spent
a bit of time helping a couple of guys through the same track.

The Parma's at the Kelvington pub were big enough to feed a small African
country for a week!!!! A couple of the guys took up the challenge and
won, obviously charity starts at home!!Back on the bikes and into Jemieson for fuel, it was goodthey now carry 98 octane fuel. Five dollars later and the 350 was ready to go. The
ride up to Mt Terrible was great with an easy and not so easy track all the way
up to the top, there was just no sign to tell you which was which, never mind
everyone got to the top for a look at the view and a regroup. The view from the
top was stunning, the sort of view rich people pay thousands of dollars for as
part of their holiday and we get to ride there as part of an AMTRA ride with a great bunch of people, fantastic.Towards the end of the ride, the group split into two. Nathanled a group of us down a smaller track that Pete described as easy whilst
Pete took the rest of the group along the main track. So much for it being easy,
trees down all over the place, luckily it was dry, if it had been wet well that
would be a different story.

Riding from the end of the narrow track to the meetlocation, one of the Beta two strokes went onto reserve. Fortunately we took the quick way back to the cars. The
Beta made it back on fresh air he ran out of fuel on the bridge into Eildon but
managed to fill up the carby by leaning the bike over which brought him back to
the cars.Fantastic ride thanks Pete. Also thanks to Matt and Peterfor tail duties. If the calendar allows I will definitely be on next year’s
ride.   

Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15 28 Dec 2015 19:09 #13568

• rusty990
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Once again the weather gods were being kind to us. I don't think I have ever checked weather zone so many times in a 12 hour period as riding a 200 kilo bike in wet clay enduro conditions can be just outright dangerous. I am so happy that I grew some gonads and made the effort as "wow" what a day of riding. 500 klms all up incl the ride up to Eildon and ride back to Mordialloc via Woods point and Noojee on some of the best dirt and tar twisties in Vic. Pete's Eildon ride is becoming a bit of a cult ride in my opinion as it just seems to get better every year. I really like the relaxed Christmas atmosphere and the fact that the ride caters for all types of bikes and rider skill levels.

Had a couple of moments including a front wheel landing on Polletis track on the way down to the Kevington Pub which of course Pete had a front row seat and yes I reckon I could hear him laughing in his helmet. Great to see Phil still carving it up and thanks Colin for helping me pick up the beast on that off camber single track

See you all the same time next year!

Cheers Russ

Eildon_Jamo _Kevington 27/12/15 28 Dec 2015 19:46 #13569

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I think Peter R should give up his job doing air-cond stuff and become a long-range weather forecaster!

Couldn't have got it any closer than that as a perfect day for both temperature & track conditions.
I hadn't made the journey to Kevington pub for about 20years - amazingly, it still looks the same. The tracks certainly seemed a lot more 'groomed' than they were a couple of decades ago.

Thanks everyone for a good day out, and especially to Lynton for coming to the rescue with some bolts when my TT header pipe studs decided to go walk-abouts.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds