Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015

Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015 17 Nov 2015 03:42 #12957

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
What a perfect day to be heading out for a ride.
I got to the unloading area around 7:15 to find Will and Gary already there waiting so after all the hellos we unloaded our bikes then we settled in for a good chat about all the things a ride leader and tail person needs to now  and attend too. Not so long later  Peter arived then we over some more stuff in great detail. As every one else  was now there  and getting ready we thought  we best  be doing the same.
As it was my turn first up as ride leader i started the briefing and whent thru the cornerman system  (well stumbled) and a few other things that I completely forgot (will rember the other users next time lucky we didn't  bump into any horses or bushwakers) As we droped out the track at the rear of the carpark we were off, then we went  to go up Lizards but it's been closed so we did Sawdust Heap, Billstone tk, Whitelaws tk and a few others then we headed over to the Plantation. As we regrouped for a short break Ken noticed his bike smelled a little off this is when Ken noticed his water pump was failing, so we hi tailed it back to the cars and made sure Ken was all loaded up and said our good byes and headed back out doing  all the same fun tracks again untill we made it back to the Plantation. And yes I did lay  my bike down just before a huge rut that went  across the track to warn the other riders (my story and sticking to it lol) this part of the ride was me trying  to get my head around the area and track's that have no names. Yes  there was a few dead ends and going over the same tracks but I  still hade lots of fun. All this and got in Sweetwater spur, Beards and Shady tk and there was plenty more. It was now  time to head back to the cars is it right or left yes I do need a compass but we all got back to the cars around 12:30 for a feed and to refuel the bikes. With just a small change to the rider list I handed over the batten to Peter for the afternoon.
A big thanks to Will and Gary for your much needed assistance. 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015 17 Nov 2015 17:26 #12970

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

Up front look no dust lol

Ken loading up 

Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015 17 Nov 2015 18:49 #12973

• Gary Clarke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Darren, well done ,  bit sad to see Kenny go so home so early ,  following you around in the pines reminded me of wilburt in his earlier Neerim South riding days. 

Cheers Gary.

Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015 18 Nov 2015 21:44 #12987

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi Darren, thanks for a great ride, you do a good job  out front. We did nice variety of tracks, they all look the same to me after a while, I know we went down one track twice because I bit the dust in the same spot on both occasions with an hour or two in between!!!

Sorry I couldn't stay for the afternoon ride but I'm sure Pete would have had everything under control..Great work both of you and thanks to Will and Gary for sharing their experience.

Cheers Colin

Neerim sth training ride morning 14/11/2015 19 Nov 2015 15:37 #12995

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Fun morning out, some of those grassy pine tracks were a hoot to cruise through. Plus all those campsites we found. Well done, enjoyed the ride and think you both picked up a lot from Will and Gary. Thanks to all who came along for the ride to help Daz and Peter learn the ropes.
The older I get, the slower I was.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds