Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Daylesford November 6 Family Day

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 08 Nov 2015 11:35 #12828

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Slightly quieter day at Daylesford with many regulars busy with other things yesterday, but still around 25-30 turned up over the day I think.

Took both kids up for a ride today, which they enjoyed heaps. Vivian was soon used to the little XR100 again and tackling the tracks on the property. Nick had a warm up on the CRF until I noticed the back tyre was a bit flat, mostly on the bottom. Pumping it up did no good so it was a tube replacement job. While I set about doing this Nick decided time to try the 450. Turned out the tyre had been run flat too long and the sidewall was stuffed, needed replacement soon enough anyway so no big loss but I was then having trouble getting my bike back off Nick.

Had some lunch, cooked up on the BBQ by Nick and Vivian, then some more riding by them with me doing pics and video. I ride better than I film, I hope. Then I got my bike back while Nick had a rest and went out for a loop, which took about an hour.

Was cold in the morning but warmed up over the day and sunny all the time, as a result I have a rather rosy head today. So a reminder to all that next few ride days should pack some sunscreen for the kids big and small.

I was expecting to see a report started by someone else by now, hope every one made it home without running out of petrol (or sparks). Not a long trip for most, should have enough.

Thanks for another great day out at Daylesford JT.
The older I get, the slower I was.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 08 Nov 2015 16:24 #12833

• Evo
Thanks  John  for another fantastic Daylesford day. Brodie and Cooper  had a ball and Georgia enjoyed her first ride on a  motorcycle, definitely not her last judging by the her reaction. 
Wade

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 08 Nov 2015 20:53 #12837

• KennyB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks to John & Co for putting on another fantastic day.
Work commitments had us arriving a bit after lunch but we certainly wasted no time.
Tyler was straight onto his bike and barely off it for the rest of the day, While I, being a mechanic, took a bit of interest in the 'breakdown' but left Scott fiddling and jumped aboard my bike. I spent a fair amount of time practising getting over a few small logs and had it going fairly well by the end of the day, it's awesome to have a place like this to go and ride with my young fella, hone my skills and have a chat with some great people at the same time.
Thanks Again, Kenny & Tyler.

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 09 Nov 2015 07:27 #12838

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Yes Matt
I thought there would of been a report on how to repair a bike in the bush .

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 09 Nov 2015 19:25 #12846

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Thanks JT for another great kids day.
Coop and I had a ball!!!  With the day been a bit quieter than usual for me for not so much ride leader duties, I got to spent heaps of time with Coop and do my best to wear him out? The snoring on the way home says I did :-P
I did sort out how to repair a bike out in the bush for Scott, with a tow rope and dragging it home over logs and all.
Was good to see some new faces.
Till the next one, Al and Coop. :):):)

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 09 Nov 2015 22:36 #12847

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Gotta love those days Al, click your fingers and he'll be passing you on single ...

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 10 Nov 2015 09:12 #12849

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Lefty, they are very special days indeed!!!!!
It won't be to long before his kicking my arse on the trails, but he will still need a lift home :-P
Al

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 11 Nov 2015 16:02 #12878

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Al wrote:
Yes Lefty, they are very special days indeed!!!!!
It won't be to long before his kicking my arse on the trails, but he will still need a lift home :-P
Al
I know the feeling the little bugger are getting faster !!!
Might have to leave the fuel out of there bikes or has that been done :):):):):)
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2015 16:03 by John T.

Daylesford November 6 Family Day 11 Nov 2015 19:02 #12891

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Well it certainly slowed Scott up :-P
Al
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds