Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Moondarra/glengarry 1st November

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 07:13 #12737

• johnny d
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Awesome ride, thanks Gary, always love riding here, has a great mix of every type of track one could hope for, thanks to Will for tailman all day, top job. 
   The day didn't end so well for me when I clipped a fallen tree at the edge of the track we were riding up,, big impact to my right ankle and lots of pain,, still waiting for X-rays..     Thankyou to everyone on this ride,, when it goes wrong it is reassuring to be with blokes like this. Thanks AMTRA.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 07:19 #12738

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Great day Gaz.
Great bunch of tracks, only a few open roads that were in need to sort out some recce work. Great bunch of blokes to ride with, with no real holds ups and a very good pace. Never seen lefty with so much air of those woops :-P
Had a great day and really enjoyed myself, bring on the next one!!!!!
Thanks Gaz for leading.
Thanks Will for tailman all day.
Thanks to the group for a fun day.
Thanks Johnny for the company and accomadation.
Thanks Bob for my lunch and playing baby sitter.
Al

Ps. Hope foot goes ok today?
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2015 07:21 by Al.

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 07:43 #12740

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
How good was that I was typing out one the same time as you guys :)
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 07:45 #12741

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Another awesome ride Gary, well done mate, we met just after 8 and where on the bikes around 8.45, lots of overgrown stuff, ruts, tree roots,
rocky step ups, downed trees to go over or around , sand clay mud rocks creeks to ride through, red belly black snakes and more.

Highlights, JD having and Alzheimer's moments wondering if Lefty had gone past him whilst he manned a corner, taking morning tea next to a shooting range, bar slapping two trees and ending up with wide open throttle and barely missing a very large tree,  Pommy Mat trying to hideout the back to get a rest, Nathans tail whip of an erosion mound and lots of smiles apart from JD after the ride.

Although I spent the day on tail duty the ride flowed so well their was hardly a hold up other than lefty wanting to sight see whilst going down the steeper hills and Johnny's throttle getting stuck and the a small disaster with 30 odd klms to go with JD finding a hidden branch hanging out the scrub taking out his right foot and ankle.

Johnny quickly realized he was in the shit so Lefty fixed his boot which had come unbuckled in the impact and he was off, I was on the radio to  Gary so he could plan an easy direct route back to the cars around 2.30ish with just over 100klms and as I said lots of smiling faces apart
from Johnny's especially with the thought of not having a beer as Al was taking him of to hospital.

Thanks for the day everyone I had lots of fun and my knees are complaining today that I went on a ride but they should know better by
now to complain as I still won't listen to them.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2015 07:48 by Willbar.

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 13:59 #12743

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Yes, it was a great day. What a fantastic loop you've got there Gaz, ride flowed well all day. Like the boys said, it had everything from tight stuff, long flowing tracks and some challenges in between. FYI, Johnny passed me on an innocuous uphill track. Not thinking much of it I battled on only to find him stopped half way up the track with his helmet resting on the handle bars. "You OK, Johnny ?", "No, think Ive broken my ankle."
With that and some boot repairs off he rode back to the cars, some 5 or so ks. They breed em tough where he comes from.Well done mate.
The first photo should have been the last. This was back at the cars when nurse Will was getting Johnny's gear off. I yelled at Al to put a shirt on but he wanted to show his guns of.
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2015 14:14 by lefty.

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 15:04 #12744

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Hey guys. ...Thanks so much for lookin after my hubby and Al for getting him home safe.
Took him to casualty this morning nice and early due to them being busy when I called yesterday afternoon to see if it was worth taking him in.
So got there a bit after 8 this morning...out of there about 5 hours later with a moonboot and crutches...and a broken right ankle .
Hes home...and ready to start driving me nuts for the next couple of weeks as no weight bearing allowed at all till he see's the ortho surgeon in a fortnight.
Again...thanks everyone for lookin out for Johnny
Luv Bob :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 15:24 #12746

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
sandra bob wrote:
Hey guys. ...Thanks so much for lookin after my hubby and Al for getting him home safe.
Took him to casualty this morning nice and early due to them being busy when I called yesterday afternoon to see if it was worth taking him in.
So got there a bit after 8 this morning...out of there about 5 hours later with a moonboot and crutches...and a broken right ankle .
Hes home...and ready to start driving me nuts for the next couple of weeks as no weight bearing allowed at all till he see's the ortho surgeon in a fortnight.
No Problem Bob, that's what we do and why we ride together, just remind him to order a new throttle tube as he has probably forgotten about it already. Think about all the beer he is going to drink now he is stuck on the couch for a couple of weeks :):)

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 16:02 #12747

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Willbar wrote:
sandra bob wrote:
No Problem Bob, that's what we do and why we ride together, just remind him to order a new throttle tube as he has probably forgotten about it already. Think about all the beer he is going to drink now he is stuck on the couch for a couple of weeks :):)
Hes already started :up:

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 16:39 #12748

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
lefty wrote:
Yes, it was a great day. What a fantastic loop you've got there Gaz, ride flowed well all day. Like the boys said, it had everything from tight stuff, long flowing tracks and some challenges in between. FYI, Johnny passed me on an innocuous uphill track. Not thinking much of it I battled on only to find him stopped half way up the track with his helmet resting on the handle bars. "You OK, Johnny ?", "No, think Ive broken my ankle."
With that and some boot repairs off he rode back to the cars, some 5 or so ks. They breed em tough where he comes from.Well done mate.
The first photo should have been the last. This was back at the cars when nurse Will was getting Johnny's gear off. I yelled at Al to put a shirt on but he wanted to show his guns of.
Referring to the first photo. ...so this is what goes on when im not riding with you all....one is nearly naked and another has a thing for my hubbys feet....
I guess its true....
What happens on the trails.....stays on the trails.... :down::shock:   
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2015 16:40 by sandra bob.

Moondarra/glengarry 1st November 02 Nov 2015 19:19 #12751

• Rudi
  • Expert Boarder
Looks like you guys had ship loads of fun, wish i could have been there Gaz.
Next time for sure.
Hey Johnny hope you heel up really quick mate.

Nice pictures there Left eye.
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds