Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: marysville

marysville 11 Oct 2015 11:06 #12454

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Finally I got to go to another Marysville Ride....being a Saturday just made it so much easier to get there. ...so happy about that.
My day began with a 4am alarm...out of the house just after 4.30 minus Johnny to get to Longwarry to meet up with Freddo, ditched my car and trailer there, my bike into Freds Trailer...a coffee to go from hungry jacks...and we were on the road. 
This was great chance for me to step out on my own (as in not with hubby) and go riding without him. So a new challenge there for me. And I had a ball.
Freddo and I got to the offload area nice and early followed pretty soon after by Rudi. We were geared up and ready by the time everyone else arrived, so plenty of time for chatting and catching up.
But we weren't here to chat...we were here to ride.
Ride Briefing out the way and off we went. 6 (I repeat, 6 girls) and 14 boys....
We had a terrific mix of open flowy trails and some other tracks that made me look at them and say to myself....."are they serious, they want me to ride that shit?".
But rode it I did. Not one off for the whole day. One little bit of help when I stalled my trusty ttr going uphill and got caught on an erosion mound...Freddo and Scott to the rescue and I was away again. Thanks guys.
Then a log in some narrow stuff that gave Merrin a good giggle. Scott and Fred to the rescue again. Apart from that my whole day was incident free .
I had such a great day and really enjoyed the different challenges.  It also became very obvious to me during the ride that my skills and ability really have improved over the last couple of years...as it was 2 years ago since I rode here and I remember how hard it was for me last time compared to this time.
So my point there is, to anyone new to riding who  may think they wont inprove....you will. Keep persisting and practising. It will all come together. And enjoy it.
A fantastic group of people to ride with, you guys are all great and Ken ... lovely gentleman like passes after a gentle toot from you worked well. Thank you kind sir.
Scott...you were my angel when helping me over the log that Merrin was laughing at....thank you. Your very kind....Merrin, your a crack up...loved doing that narrow stuff with you behind me laughing out loud, doing what we were supposed to be doing, having fun. So thank you.
Marj, Sue, Deb and Shaz....great riding girls. Goodjob...all of you. Nice to be in the company of more girls on the trails.
All round was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed every single part of it....even the light bit of rain we got didnt phase me at all.
Micheal... thank you so much for leading this ride and for considering me on that nasty puddle and finding an alternative. ...which saw quite a few of us following you around that. :)
I thank you for taking us out to play in our great Amtra gentelman Phils playground. Missed seeing Phil....but alas a great day was still had.
Thanks Freddo for being there get me there.
Thank you everyone
Luv Bob.
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

marysville 11 Oct 2015 11:28 #12455

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
sandra bob wrote:
Finally I got to go to another Marysville Ride....being a Saturday just made it so much easier to get there. ...so happy about that.
My day began with a 4am alarm...out of the house just after 4.30 minus Johnny to get to Longwarry to meet up with Freddo, ditched my car and trailer there, my bike into Freds Trailer...a coffee to go from hungry jacks...and we were on the road. 
This was great chance for me to step out on my own (as in not with hubby) and go riding without him. So a new challenge there for me. And I had a ball.
Freddo and I got to the offload area nice and early followed pretty soon after by Rudi. We were geared up and ready by the time everyone else arrived, so plenty of time for chatting and catching up.
But we weren't here to chat...we were here to ride.
Ride Briefing out the way and off we went. 6 (I repeat, 6 girls) and 14 boys....
We had a terrific mix of open flowy trails and some other tracks that made me look at them and say to myself....."are they serious, they want me to ride that shit?".
But rode it I did. Not one off for the whole day. One little bit of help when I stalled my trusty ttr going uphill and got caught on an erosion mound...Freddo and Scott to the rescue and I was away again. Thanks guys.
Then a log in some narrow stuff that gave Merrin a good giggle. Scott and Fred to the rescue again. Apart from that my whole day was incident free .
I had such a great day and really enjoyed the different challenges.  It also became very obvious to me during the ride that my skills and ability really have improved over the last couple of years...as it was 2 years ago since I rode here and I remember how hard it was for me last time compared to this time.
So my point there is, to anyone new to riding who  may think they wont inprove....you will. Keep persisting and practising. It will all come together. And enjoy it.
A fantastic group of people to ride with, you guys are all great and Ken ... lovely gentleman like passes after a gentle toot from you worked well. Thank you kind sir.
Scott...you were my angel when helping me over the log that Merrin was laughing at....thank you. Your very kind....Merrin, your a crack up...loved doing that narrow stuff with you behind me laughing out loud, doing what we were supposed to be doing, having fun. So thank you.
Marj, Sue, Deb and Shaz....great riding girls. Goodjob...all of you. Nice to be in the company of more girls on the trails.
All round was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed every single part of it....even the light bit of rain we got didnt phase me at all.
Micheal... thank you so much for leading this ride and for considering me on that nasty puddle and finding an alternative. ...which saw quite a few of us following you around that. :)
I thank you for taking us out to play in our great Amtra gentelman Phils playground. Missed seeing Phil....but alas a great day was still had.
Thanks Freddo for being there get me there.
Thank you everyone
Luv Bob.
great job Bob. 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

marysville 11 Oct 2015 17:56 #12460

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Good to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves, and great to hear so many girls went on the ride, too.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

marysville 11 Oct 2015 20:52 #12467

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Great day out, the weather was good except it didn't rain the night before so it was pretty dusty except for a while in the arvo when we had a few showers and rode a few damp tracks.
Wow - 6 girls on the ride, the most i can remember is 4, so go the girls, look out guys, there could be a take over coming.
Thanks to Michael for leading and finding yet more new tracks to link into our ride, loved the variety with 101ks covered on the day.
And Rudi the man for being tail.
Only concern was 2 new devotees to fruit flans, any more and it will be a race to the bakery for fear of missing out. We shared our tucker with 2 pairs of King Parrots who were probably around because Marysville was pretty quiet on Saturday.

Have to mention Sunday with Jetts 1st birthday train ride party going really well and being finished in time for me to watch the MotoGP from Japan. Rossi finished in front of Lorenzo and heads to Phillip Island with an 18 point advantage for the championship. Be there or be square.
If anybody wants 2 discounted tickets for Sat/Sun  Call 0437 978 393.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2015 21:00 by Ken R.

marysville 19 Oct 2015 09:36 #12568

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I'm told it's better late than never, so here are a few 'happy snaps' of the ride...

The monthly Marysville ride tradition continued again in October, with Michael once again taking the helm in lieu of Phil (who is probably still basking in the sun somewhere exotic).

This ride is so close to home for me that I can't resist joining in on a regular basis - this time I took the YZ out to play.

It had been 11 months since I had last ridden my trusty 'modern' bike, having spent a lot of time in the saddle of my Vinduro mounts instead recently. What a totally different feeling it is to hop on a bike that is 25+ years newer - the contrast in seating and ergonomics is quite a shock. Brake performance is insane compared to the older machines!

Conditions were a little dusty (sometimes a lot dusty), but otherwise pretty much a perfect Spring's day. We had 20 riders front up, even with the Bathurst weekend keeping many rev-heads glued to the telly.

The drier conditions meant a more rapid pace could be maintained, and we had managed around 85kms by very early afternoon. Only one serious mechanical issue happened that I heard about, with a front sprocket shedding it's teeth partway up a long hill, and the rider having to call it a day at that point.

Michael suggested a quick refuelling stop at the cars before heading into Marysville for some tucker. At this point a few riders decided to have a rest and wait for the crew to return from the lunch run before rejoining. I don't know how many went back out, as I decided to call it a day after the lunch run, seeing as it was around 3pm by that stage.

It was great to see so many girls enjoying the scenic bush settings that we get to ride through, and there was a hint that there may be more in the future...

Thanks to Michael and Rudi for keeping everything running so smoothly for the day!

A quick break with some magic views to enjoy.

Always a helping hand around if it's needed.

The group was flowing so well at this point that they forgot to wait for the ride leader...

Test riding a deep-ish puddle at the bottom of a gully.

A few different techniques were tried to get through the water the most efficiently (and with the least amount of soaking)

...then back into the dust...

...but still with the occasional muddy rut to avoid (or play in).

Lunch stopping point for those without full reg.

Last Edit: 19 Oct 2015 09:38 by flipper.

marysville 19 Oct 2015 12:29 #12569

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Great pics  Pete. Really gives a good idea of how the day went.

marysville 19 Oct 2015 14:01 #12571

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Looked like a top day out and the picks look awesome, now just got to get my self out there one day lol :)
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds