Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 28 Sep 2015 17:19 #12295

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks Bob and Jonny for another top day out at your favorite play ground. Well my day started at around 5:45 am in the morning as i started to head of from Narre warren, as i got to the servo and started to bump some fuel there was Bill with the Aprilia and it does look the goods for a bike a few years old, just a little more modern then my bike of choice my old Xr350 for the day LOL  . So we both headed of for the long haule to the meeting point and arived around 8:15am with plenty of time to say hi and get ready for the morning loop. After the usual rider briefing we headed with first up a little tight section to warm up then heaps of fun stuff all morning long and yes there was some big hills and even a creek crossing that i wet my boots in as i found neutral so had to but my foot down. :sick:
Then after a short lunch break we all headed out again minus a few that pulled the pin you don't now what you all missed out on someone eles can tell. :D Can we do the second half twice  ;) Helen that was a awsome efort for your firts ride out (i think you have had some help)  
 Ps Pat those pizzas looked and smelled awsome :)

Can't wait for the next one

Will post some more in the morning got to go to work :angry:
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2015 20:14 by Darren lynch. Reason: removing photo's
The administrator has disabled public write access.

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 28 Sep 2015 19:34 #12298

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 29 Sep 2015 07:26 #12304

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
I had fun !!!!!

Another great friendly ride Grasshopper. Helen did an awsome job out there and was very cool to be part of helping her to enjoy the day. :)

The weather was good to, could of done with a little more drizzle during the day as the dust arrived as the day went on. I did my best to be the entertaiment for the day with my how not to jump log shows :-P
Thanks Johnny for leading us around all day, and thanks to the assorted tailmen for the day.
See you all at the next one, Al

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 30 Sep 2015 20:19 #12322

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 30 Sep 2015 23:13 #12323

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Great day out at Bob's ride, and then Pat's Pizza for dinner and Bob's brekkie (what I had time to eat :)). Well done to Helen on her first AMTRA ride and to Lee who was pushing hard to get to the end of the full day. Will be trying to get to another as soon as I can.
The older I get, the slower I was.

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 02 Oct 2015 20:39 #12344

• Helen Davey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Bob for having me along for my first real riding experience. Although I spent quite a few times getting friendly with the ground it was great to have the AMTRA family there to dust me off and help me on my way again. The encouragement I received helped me push through when I was ready to call it a day. Special thanks to Jeff (don't think he had any choice), Al (your helping hand up and that rest got me through the tough stuff. I need to see you about the crash test dummy footage), Freddo (that first hill was just a bit much for this newbee. The by-pass was most welcome) and Bill for finding my magic button :D 
It was a great experience and I now know what goes on out on the trail. Thanks to everyone on the ride for your patience and support. Although I only did the morning loop I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. I carry my AMTRA initiation badge on my thigh with pride :) Looking forward to getting out there again.

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 02 Oct 2015 20:41 #12345

• Helen Davey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Great photo with my two guardian angels following close by.

Last Edit: 03 Oct 2015 18:17 by Helen Davey.

bobs mullungdung ride 26-09-15 03 Oct 2015 13:06 #12348

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
The ride started Friday night with a bunch of us camping the night ready for the next morning. 
After the rest of the punters arrived Saturday morning. ...a ride briefing and 22 riders....off we went, straight into Telephone Tck....awesome stuff.  The morning loop was looked after with Fred tailing to make sure all were ok. Then it came. ...Mullungdungs "Hill".... for those who had not yet experienced it....this was definitely an "oh wow" moment.  We all made it up including our newbie Helen....dont under-estimate this newbie....she goes alright ;);).
The rest of the morning loop was a few more hills and a "river crossing".... oh yeah....we got it all out there lol
A bit of a spill for Helen saw all of us on the ground trying to find her "magic button" to start the bike. ...well done Bill Toan....at least she didn't need a tow.. :shock:

The morning loop flowed really well and there were smiles all round. 
Lunch time came around so back to the cars for a quick bite...then out again....minus 4....so still 18 for the afternoon loop.....which is a cracker! 
It started with some great open fire trails with Mick picking up tail to give Freddo a chance to stretch his legs...and Mat taking over as tail through out the arvo loop.
ENTER: Bobs new sandy whoopy track....we reckon it goes for about 4.5 k's.....its tight, sandy, whoopy and friggin awesome. ..by the time you get to the end of it, your stuffed but so worth it....the reward is a nice road leg till the next "narrow intetesting track". The whole afternoon loop just flowed so well with some tracks to zoom along and play. My pigtails had to be saved a few times getting caught up in shrubs and stuff. ..so thanks to all who had a part in saving them....the Pigtails live to ride again :).
The afternoon loop ended with some going home the more interesting way with Johnny and for those who had had enough came back with me. But it didn't matter what the last leg of the ride was. ..everyone had smiling faces back at the cars.
A few of us stayed out and camped on Saturday night...hence breakfast was served Sunday Morning.....bacon, scrambled eggs, fried tomato. ...the whole shabang. The only "incident" we had was when Bob here decided that the President...Mat Richmond had eaten enough and promptly grabbed his plate and piffed what food was left on it into the campfire.....oops.....
Johnny feels his pain. :shock: 
Big thanks to Darren for the photos and for taking the time to put them up. ...top job! :up:
Al Mason.....for acting like a goofball on the corner....funny funny funny.
Pat and Lee for the yummy pizza making. ...well done !!
Dave and Christine for feeding Freddo. :shock:
Rossi....for driving "all over town" to do grocery shopping for me and Fred. ;)
And of course it wouldn't be the usual Bob ride report if I didnt thank my hubby Johnny....he is the one who helps me make sure these days happen. Thanks Johnny xx
And of course thanks to everyone who came out and had fun in my playground.
See you on the next one
Luv Bob. :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2015 20:38 by sandra bob. Reason: text
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds