Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 9th August

Marysville 9th August 09 Aug 2015 21:19 #11559

• themains
  • Fresh Boarder
Weather report was for a fine day, and it was, 19 rides inc some first timers (welcome to AMTRA) plus some veterans, headed off, lead by Tristan and Andrew at the tail. All bikes made it to the first hill, (something wrong here) until the Berg was on its belly with a quick clutch adjustment then it was back on the trail. The tracks were in good nick and not too slippery so we did a couple of loops and a single trail before heading to the creek for a lunch break. The Marysville bakery crew returned, over the creek we went except for a Yammy that went for a swim. (bikes don't float) anyway removing excess water and a few kicks (start you bastard) we were off again. No signs of rain, so a few more loops and then "the challenge" a single trail, bloody slippery and tyre clogging mud. After 30 minutes and lots of encouragement from Tristan, we decided to run away and head back down were the Yammy wanted to reunite with more water but did not drown this time. Lots of kicking and finally she got going. Back to the cars around 3:30 Thanks Tristan for putting on a Phil ride. at least we had no one run out of fuel, (if we did the Yammy had a spare servo in the back pack)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 9th August 09 Aug 2015 21:55 #11563

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for a fun day lads (and lady) - I had a great time playing in the 'sometimes slippery', 'sometimes grippy' conditions.
Everyone seemed to cope with the tracks really well, meaning that the ride flowed along nicely.

Tristan threw in a few challenge tracks to keep us on our toes (and to help keep us warm), with the coldest part of the day being the wait for the 5 riders to get back from their 'fruit flans' at the Marysville Bakery.

Only 65kms on the speedo, but they were all 'quality' ones!

Peter D

Marysville 9th August 10 Aug 2015 10:19 #11566

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Yes the fruit flan was terrific, as usual, and boy did I use that sugar getting to be second up that last challenge hill out of the 5 that made it.

Tristan didn't announce the 2 challenge hills as optional, we were just into them :) No chance to get nervous, just  :shock: All good.          

After all that rain the tracks were pristine and weighting the outside foot peg was on for most of the day, loved it.

The new guys coped well with some hints and tips picked up along the way, plus dewatering a bike was thrown in for good measure, gotta love AMTRA.

Thanks again Tristan and Mr tail man for the day.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Marysville 9th August 10 Aug 2015 20:21 #11582

• sogg
  • Fresh Boarder
 Thanks to Tristan for leading the ride, Andrew for being Tailman and everyone else for the entertainment. It was a good day and had something for everyone. 
I even learnt that you could carry a Jerry can of fuel in your backpack.... Thanks James
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2015 20:25 by sogg. Reason: Stuffed up the first time

Marysville 9th August 10 Aug 2015 20:28 #11583

• sogg
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure why, but my post only listed half of what I said. Yep I'm definitely new to this...
Sorry people. It was a great day anyway!
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds