Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 12 July

Marysville 12 July 13 Jul 2015 20:14 #11123

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Having just got back from five weeks in Europe, it was time to get back on the bike. However, the weather forecast of arctic conditions plus heavy rain did almost change my mind to join Phil's Marysville ride yesterday. Unbelievably, the sun was actually shining at around 7.30am as I headed into Healesville, obviously the forecast was wrong again or that's what I was hoping!!I arrived at the unloading area with only one other rider there, I was starting to wonder whether the ride had been cancelled. Over the next fifteen minutes Phil and eight others arrived, a quick look at the weather radar clearly showed the forecast was right with heavy rain heading our way.Ten of us set off, Phil in the lead with Lefty riding tail man. We rode around the triangle for a while, one of the guys had a bit of trouble getting up a slippery hill with his 2 banger Husky, then it wouldn't start so after a bit messing around she started and we were on our way again. For the first hour the conditions were surprisingly good, then the rain started and didn't stop. Phil led the ride across the highway into what he called the 'slippery side' as if it wasn't slippery enough. We got to a challenge hill, most people had a go at it, I gave up after two shots but it was mastered by Mark, Lefty and not sure who the third guy was but they were quick to point out they were all on Husky's!! We decided to head to Marysville for lunch back through the triangle, when we stopped to regroup at the top of one of the hills (sorry don't know the names of the tracks) it started to snow!!!!! One of the 449's was having a problem with the battery, role starting it in such slippery conditions was become a problem. Five guys braved lunch at the river crossing with the rest of us going to the Bakery in  Marysville. The 449 battery problem resulted in this guy pulling the pin at lunch time. Now, here was the excuse I need, I'm not proud but yes I pulled the pin too, it was wet, very wet.Thanks to Phil for putting on the ride and Lefty for being tail man, it was a great ride and one I will definitely remember as the first time I have ridden in falling snow, not much but it was still snow. Cheers Colin    
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 12 July 14 Jul 2015 12:43 #11130

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
I'll add a little to ride report also. it was 22 degrees inside my car as I pulled into the unloading area and to step out into 4 was a shock. Living up to expectations the triangle was a little slippery but not too bad. Phil should have called this a Husky ride as there were 5 out of the ten bikes different size and colored ones. At the first hill the Husky 360 2 banger had about 25lbs in the rear tyre, so after letting out 15 it was good to go. Did a lot of the usual tracks with the odd challenge thrown in to keep us warmish. There is a lot to be said about a hot beef and bacon pie from the Marysville bakery on a cold wet day, I pretty much inhaled it. Yeah, Nick was having trouble with his 449 so off he went back to the cars after lunch, Colin bailed also as he had previously book in a pedicure for 2pm. The afternoon ride saw us in awe of huge snow flakes at the top of Mt.Acheron Track (I think). Good to see everybody took the hard way home as we came to grips with the now slippery/sluggish/muddy terrain. Headed back to the cars around 3pm with 96 k's on the clock.
Thanks to Phil for putting on the ride although at times I think he missed his son by a different mother, Michael. To the others who turned up on a cold and bleak Marysville day, well done and see you next time..   

Marysville 12 July 15 Jul 2015 16:30 #11155

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Sounds like a good one to miss. With only 6 days until the start of a 4 week Holiday in Europe the No Ride policy is well and truly in place.
See you on the September ride.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds