Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville 14th June

Marysville 14th June 16 Jun 2015 22:41 #10734

• themains
  • Fresh Boarder
Weather man says a fine day for Sunday, and with a few dry days before hand it should not be too slippery (not). A cold start driving to Healesville; minus 1 on the temp gauge so a warming coffee at the Beachworth bakery is a must. A good turn out of 26 riders (once a few 'missed the turns' find the spot). A KTM did not want to start (note to all riders if you wash your bike the night before make sure you start it) but a plug change sorted this out. Off we go with Michael (tour leader) out front, Phil (legend) and Rob (tail man) we all are very happy with the track conditions (not too slippery) all bikes and riders are going well and covering good ground. An off gives one ride a shoulder injury so the group does a couple of loops and decides to get her back to the car park. I am not sure what happens next but we get split up (note to all riders stay on a corner no matter what) anyway thanks to the good old CB radios we regroup at the car park and head off for more fun (minus 3 riders).  Michael is out in front, and Andrew is the new tail man. The sun is shining, the tracks are drying up and we are off to the river for the Marysville lunch stop, this is the quickest we have got there, heaps of fun (even for the Kwaka lawn mower). One or two coffees and we are back on track, heading over to Buxton we go on the "slippery track" no shit, I now know why it is called the "slippery track", we all conquer  Debs hill and into the Narbethong Plantation, some more awesome tracks, hills etc. All of a sudden it is starting to get late so we decide on the quicker way back to the car park and finally arrive at there at 5:00 doing 120kms for the day and nothing left in the fuel tanks. Thanks to all who enjoyed themselves and I hope the newbees will come again. Michael and Phil thanks for putting on a great ride (again).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville 14th June 17 Jun 2015 21:24 #10752

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well I'm a bit amazed no-one else has chimed in.
Great day for a ride and with 130KM odd on the clock, what more could you ask for from the leads and tail men.
Must say it all came together after lunch, and from memory with four offs and a bruised elbow I had a ball.

The day started as usual with the met and greet, than we headed off for some nice brisk flowing trails.
The big question was jacket or no jacket, chose to wore it and the arms came off early, than when there was the bit off mishap on one of the main corners and we headed back to the cars for a re-group I ditched the jacket. The day ended at nearly 5 back at the cars, so second thoughts I would have enjoyed the warmth the jacket would have given me at the end of the day.

Some nice slippery tracks, where I hit the deck pretty hard, thus the bruised elbow, (Thanks Dainese), for just the bruise.
Some awesome flowing tracks and a bit of an adventure through the bush where we where asked kindly by Phil to go for a scout to locate two others. Yeah I'll go accompanied by a slick rider on a 125 Berg, Sorry missed your name, Oh, and did I mention she rides very well.
That little trek ended in a mess up over a log, broke my shroud on a tree, and than nearly at the end of the track my front wheel and back decided to take different paths passed a log with me ending up thrown into a tree, stunned me but all good.
After us looking at the end of the track and no riders, we gathered they worked it out and headed back.

The  thanks where mentioned in the previous post and YES Michael I have been working on the shorts for the video, internet dramas, but back on board so hope to have some footage posted in a day or two. There will be an AM and a PM video.

Enjoyable day with great weather and great company, video to follow.

Michael

Marysville 14th June 18 Jun 2015 08:24 #10753

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
Part 1 AM ride.
Trying to get Part 2 on but computer is causing me grief.

Michael

Last Edit: 18 Jun 2015 08:35 by Ausberg.

Marysville 14th June 19 Jun 2015 12:19 #10780

• simonj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Another great day on the Marysville trails....26 riders (including 4 girls) ..  thanks to Phil and the lead and tailmen for a sensational day's riding. This ride is so well attended, so it's obviously providing what a lot of members are looking for - a fairly relaxed and safe day on the trails with a few challenges but nothing impossible, and plenty of assistance if needed. Nothing wrong with that! There were a few (very) slippery bits to keep you concentrating... see Michael's vid at 11.15 for proof! Thanks again everyone, see you next time... Cheers, Simon J. (Ktm 200)

Marysville 14th June 20 Jun 2015 10:35 #10798

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
Another short video, after Lunch.
Maybe another one to finish off with, watch it if you want better footage than the first.

AMTRA Marysville June 2015 Part 2
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2015 10:49 by Ausberg.

Marysville 14th June 22 Jun 2015 20:24 #10833

• Evo
Hi Michael great videos,  thanks for posting. Looks like the ride was a bit slow for you at times :D 
Wade

Marysville 14th June 22 Jun 2015 20:47 #10839

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
Evo wrote:
Hi Michael great videos,  thanks for posting. Looks like the ride was a bit slow for you at times :D 
Wade

It was all about capturing some broad good footage.

Marysville 14th June 23 Jun 2015 20:20 #10859

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi Ausberg. Great video, thanks for putting in the time shooting and editing it. A good mix of moving and stationary shots. Well done
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds