Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Marysville - 17th May

Marysville - 17th May 17 May 2015 22:03 #10261

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
There was little sign of the 19 degrees and sunshine when we arrived at the meeting spot for the Marysville ride - murky grey fog and a low ambient temperature were what we started the day with.

23 riders braved the greasy conditions that the red soils of Marysville offered, and there was some serious sideways action happening at times throughout the day.

Phil delegated the ride lead to his apprentice Michael early on, and he did a stellar job of it. Some of the hills were a little challenging, and we had to admit defeat on one of them when a lack of traction had bikes strewn all over the hillside.

Occasionally we broke through the layer of fog into glorious sunshine, but it took until nearly lunchtime before it burnt off completely.

We lost one of the lasses to a broken hydraulic clutch line prior to lunch, but she was the only rider forced to quit early for the day.

A certain WR rider spent most of the day deafening the local wildlife and fishtailing mud over the rest of us, but he was fun to watch.

My old TT600 performed well, and I got some decent airtime (sometimes unintentionally) over the multitude of erosion culverts that are a feature of the tracks in this area. I can only count my blessings that the newly-fitted Whitepower shock worked a treat and survived the pounding that the heavy TT gave it.

Thanks to Phil and Michael for a great day, and to our various tailmen for keeping us all on track.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marysville - 17th May 18 May 2015 22:35 #10268

• Joe Bool
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I had heaps of fun and thanks to Phil for putting on the ride, michael for leading us and all the folks who took on tail man duty. 

Great crew, cheers. 

Marysville - 17th May 19 May 2015 03:30 #10273

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome day.
Weather was just about perfect.
Thanks to Phil, Michael the Tail-men, and all who took part.

I'll let the vid do the talking, be patient its 38min and I'm new to editing so enjoy.
Missed a couple of good bits before lunch but in whole got some bits of most of the day.
See you on the next one.

If ya wondering about the post time.
Took a while to load to youtube, than woke up at 3.30 and thought might as well post it up.
Watch in 720 settings otherwise the picture is crap, youtube?

Michael

Last Edit: 19 May 2015 03:38 by Ausberg.

Marysville - 17th May 19 May 2015 06:57 #10274

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
Would love to watch it, but the video is marked as 'Private' with restricted access...

Marysville - 17th May 19 May 2015 11:00 #10282

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
flipper wrote:
Would love to watch it, but the video is marked as 'Private' with restricted access...

Told you I was new to this, I'll fix it when I get home.
Sorry about that.

Mic

Marysville - 17th May 19 May 2015 18:07 #10291

• Ausberg
  • Senior Boarder
Ausberg wrote:
flipper wrote:

Told you I was new to this, I'll fix it when I get home.
Sorry about that.

Mic

ALL FIXED I THINK!

Marysville - 17th May 19 May 2015 21:54 #10295

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
She's fixed, thanks Mic
It's just more time to be flat out!

Marysville - 17th May 20 May 2015 09:12 #10299

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
That's better!
Thanks for posting the video Mic, and I'm glad to see you got the greasy hill climb in it

Marysville - 17th May 20 May 2015 19:36 #10301

• LukeDebJ
  • Senior Boarder
The weather forecast had us set up for a great day of riding in the sunshine. Normally driving over the black spur the sun comes out however we were greeted with fog. Met at unloading area in chilly temps quick chats to catch up with some familiar faces ( as this must be our 6th Marysville ride now).  Goggles started fogging up quite a bit in first loop but the realised it was the fine mist from the fog. Got to the first meeting spot and the view was AMAZING. I do hope that someone took a photo as most peoples reactions were WOW. The thick heavy fog laying in the valley and blue sky above.

All flowing well till Sue had a minor off breaking the clutch cable I think? Two followed her back and us others continued on we would meet with the others later.  Got to Phil's easy/hard track option I still take the easy way and will continue to do so till next summer :) Maybe with a bit more experience on downhills I will be ready to give it a crack.

Then the single track loop was offered to those were keen.  Then it was off to Deb's hill (thanks Michael). To get there we had to ride slippery track I think Phil called it and that was the first test of the year on slippery clay although when we got to the hill it was surprisingly still grippy.

Off again to Uri's track (I think) where again we had the option of riding this hill or not. This time I chose to keep Ken and some others company:) Just as well as I think most made it nearly all the way but had to turn back. Then it was decided time for lunch and off to Marysville creek crossing we went. Those with full reg went to get their "fruit flans" (LOL) before they sold out while the rest of us enjoyed our packed lunches by the river in glorious sunshine.  By this time of the ride I am ready to go home straight back to the cars. However with some much needed encouragement (Michael "Your not going home early again!" and Phil "Your not going to whimp out Deb are you!" ) I continued on with the ride.  We were back at the cars by mid afternoon.

Thanks to ride leaders and sweeps for a great job the rides wouldn't run without you guys:) 

Another awesome day of riding as always with a great bunch of familiar faces and new ones too.

Always love watching vids of rides thanks for putting it up Michael.

Marysville - 17th May 21 May 2015 13:57 #10308

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
It certainly was a great day out in the Triangle.

Pulling up next to the Acheron river at a balmy 4 deg (should that read Barmy?)  i looked around eagerly for a scone.

Michael led the ride with backup from Phil and a good job they did with plenty to keep us happy.

As Deb mentioned, when we finally got up above the clouds the view was fantastic and I did indeed say WOW.

It was with great relief that there were still some "fruit flans" in the bakery Bane Marie after rabbiting on about them during the morning. Frank gave one a try but was not impressed, good thinks I.

The WR Cyclone was good to watch but not to listen to. He knows his bike is way too loud cus he wears ear plugs. Please put the baffle back in or bring a box of ear plugs. :)

Driving home was a bit of a chore after a bingle on the Maroonda Hwy but it did give me a chance to have a look around and spot 2 hot air balloons getting a great view of the sunset, lucky bastards.

Thanks to the tail men and all for your company.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 22 May 2015 09:33 by Ken R.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds