Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ?

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 03 Dec 2014 21:30 #6493

• GRAYDON D
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
A  mate of mine who taught me to ride a motorbike when I was 10 has been banging on about Amtra for bloody years, whilst I was only into road bikes years ago, I never got into dirt bike riding. 

I took my son to an Amtra family day, at said mates property, 14 months ago, just to let the young bloke have a play on another mates PeeWee and see if he was interested. On the day he and I met a few members and their kids, on the way home he was asleep within 30 k’s. 

So it started from there, the hunt for a bike that an 8 year old with bugger all experience could enjoy and handle, but not break the budget was on. Ended up with an ‘85 DS80. Perfect, no, but a great place to start.  

Got together again with a couple of Amtra guys and their kids for a weekend and the DS might have had a few problems but nothing that the Amtra guys weren’t willing to fix or help me fix. At this time we didn’t have Bark busters and the young fella managed to break a throttle cable housing, next thing you know one of the guys has rocked up with another to keep him going. It was amazing that somebody had one kicking around in the back of the ute, but even more amazing was he wouldn’t let me give him money, beer or anything. 

This was when I decided to join Amtra !!! 

Next time we caught up with the Amtra guys all of a sudden my son has a new pair of bike pants and a neck brace. I thought hand me downs had to be used, not new like the stuff we were given. 

SoI bought myself a bike and attempted to join in the fun. Another mate, who can ride, and I went on a level 1/2 ride and not only did I have a great time but my mate did too. He joined Amtra the following night. 

The bit that amazed me about that ride was the amount of help that I was given. All the Amtra riders gave me little pointers, but when you add it all up they where invaluable. The bit that really stunned me was when my Amtra mate had a word with another rider, then turned to me and said follow him. The rider I am talking about basically volunteered half of his day riding to help teach me to pick lines and coaching on down hills, it also made me go just that little bit quicker. Will never forget him for the amount of help. 

So now I am going to update the kids bike. Next thing you know all the Amtra guys have let my son try their kids bikes, so he can work out what he wants. Can’t believe the amount of time that the members were willing to spend teaching my son the difference in all the bikes, one of the guys spent a couple of hours teaching him the difference between 2 strokers and 4’s. Not the mechanics but getting on the bike and letting him feel the difference. Decided that 100 – 150, 4 stroke would best suit.  

So next I was looking for the Christmas present. Thinking a KLX, CRF, DRZ or TTR. As best I can work out all very similar. Japanese and reliable. 

Found the bike I am looking for and at the perfect price…………..from another Amtra member !! 

So why would you join Amtra?........bloody obvious I would have thought.  

Much more than an online forum.

Thanks to all the guys I haven't "named"......you know who you are !!
Just wait for me at the next corner !!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serge C, Darren lynch, John T

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 03 Dec 2014 22:21 #6497

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
That's brilliant to hear! 
Id love to know who those members were too, haha! 
Will we be seeing you at the AMTRA Christmas breakup ride day?

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 04 Dec 2014 05:25 #6501

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Love ya work Graydon
I just wanna ride me moty B)

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 04 Dec 2014 07:26 #6504

• GRAYDON D
  • Gold Boarder
99% sure I will be at the break up, but the kid has an issue with basketball !!

I know what he wants to do

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 04 Dec 2014 07:44 #6505

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Cheers for the great Amtra rap mate.
The help will be given all the way through the Amtra ranks and beyond. The friendships that evolve turn into ones that are both on and off the bike, as does the help. Mitch is an awsome kid, so helping him with his skills and dirt bike decisions is not work or time out of our riding day. But instead a rewarding part of Amtra been able to offer, and an alterntive motive of having him (and yourself) enjoy your times on the bike making Amtra an even bigger family.
See ya both at the xmas party, Al

Ps. Do i need to sit on the bike with you and show you what the rest of the throttles for :-P

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 04 Dec 2014 20:53 #6527

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Yes I felt the same warm welcomes when joined up too and also  a few laugh's at my expense as I was picking myself up lol :)  
As with the kids days there is nothing but helping each other out also so we all can have a awesome day  by all :up:

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 04 Dec 2014 20:57 #6528

• GRAYDON D
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Al, I thought you'd never ask...............do I get to ride up front............hold the bars and everything

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 05 Dec 2014 07:44 #6536

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Hell ya mate. Your up front, i sure as shit don't want to see where i'm going?
Al

WHY WOULD YOU JOIN AMTRA ? 05 Dec 2014 09:15 #6538

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Nope don't think it was like that when I joined , let me think ? Nope definitely not like that for me .....  All I got was ridicule , having the crap scared out of me by 450's overtaking me at warp speed and being set up for stack after stack and then the pain of having to listen to the laughter for 10 min while I picked up my bike over and over  .....  You think I am kidding right ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Well I am ,

like most of us that have been long time members if it wasn't for AMTRA I probably would have sold the bikes ages ago  , many many good people in this club  :D
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds