Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New Member

New Member 01 Dec 2014 12:17 #6388

• Dabbsy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys,

Started riding a few years ago.. (mid life crisis). We bought bikes for both my boys who and the wife.. and ride a lot out near Mirboo North.

Been on a few group rides at Kinglake and Neerim.. Try and get out once a month.

Saw the AMTRA stand at the Moto Expo on Saturday and joined up straight away.  I love the idea that the kids and wife can ride safely and be included.

Really looking forward to meeting some new people and for the kids to meet up with some new riding buddies.. They love trail/Enduro.

Cheers Robb
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member 01 Dec 2014 12:33 #6389

• David Smith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Welcome aboard Rob & Family,

There's a family day at Dalesford this weekend, check out the calendar for more info.

Cheers Dave

New Member 01 Dec 2014 12:45 #6391

• Dabbsy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Dave, unfortunately we cannot make it as we are already going away riding... But we will certainly be joining in on the next one...

New Member 01 Dec 2014 15:04 #6393

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Welcome Robb and family.  
Cheers Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dabbsy

New Member 01 Dec 2014 18:01 #6399

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Dabbsy wrote:
Hi guys,

Started riding a few years ago.. (mid life crisis). We bought bikes for both my boys who and the wife.. and ride a lot out near Mirboo North.

Been on a few group rides at Kinglake and Neerim.. Try and get out once a month.

Saw the AMTRA stand at the Moto Expo on Saturday and joined up straight away.  I love the idea that the kids and wife can ride safely and be included.

Really looking forward to meeting some new people and for the kids to meet up with some new riding buddies.. They love trail/Enduro.

Cheers Robb

Welcome to AMTRA  Robb
How old are your kids ?
What do they ride ?
Not trying  to be to nosey just getting an idea on who to cater for on the kids days
John T

New Member 01 Dec 2014 20:12 #6401

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Should be a couple of rides out near Stratford and Woodside on private property next year.

New Member 01 Dec 2014 20:39 #6404

• Dabbsy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey John,
Our kids are 9 and 7.. Both fairly confident riders and like to tackle logs,rocks, jumps, small hills and a creek or 2, not 2 deep, and love the mud. Also, ride at Frankston MX track on occasions.

We have made a little enduro loop at a private property for them.. which they love, have to keep making new challenges for them or they get bored...

They ride a CRF50 and TTR110.

New Member 01 Dec 2014 20:40 #6405

• Dabbsy
  • Fresh Boarder
That sounds good Dirtpilot.. Will keep an eye out for them.

New Member 01 Dec 2014 20:44 #6406

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Dabbsy wrote:
Hey John,
Our kids are 9 and 7.. Both fairly confident riders and like to tackle logs,rocks, jumps, small hills and a creek or 2, not 2 deep, and love the mud. Also, ride at Frankston MX track on occasions.

We have made a little enduro loop at a private property for them.. which they love, have to keep making new challenges for them or they get bored...

They ride a CRF50 and TTR110.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the next kids ride day sounds like you have got it sorted

New Member 05 Dec 2014 08:40 #6537

• brendant150
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everyone

Yep same story was at Expo on weekend, grabbed one of your flyers.
I'm 47 year old dad in box hill north, have 4x kids 9 -14. xr400,cr85r,klx110,peewee50 ,ttr50 in garage.
Looking to link into like minded people, find places to ride for dad,kids & dad/kids.
Originate from up north vic off farm out of Rochester. Just noticed your meetings are in Doncaster.
My bother up north just completed  this ride across Oz on his XR 400, note no KLX650 has made it so far last 3 years it's been run..
Anyway I'll get down for a snag and chat prob n the new year I suspect, it's silly season just now.
I know many dad's in same boat as myself so if this is great resource and experience I'll link them in as well :).

www.thegreataustralianride.com/
thanks
Brendan
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds