Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Coming to visit, would like to ride

Coming to visit, would like to ride 09 Sep 2014 03:01 #4900

• Hennager
  • Fresh Boarder
Howdy,

Thinking about a late Jan–early Feb '15 visit and would like to do a few mellow day rides (I'm about half disabled, and my bro-in-law hasn't ridden in years).  I ride a '09 Honda CRF 230 4 stroker, mostly technical trails where I live—mountain terrain where power don't pay off—but some easier open "scenic" trails would be nice. We would have to rent bikes/gear (I have a motorcycle endorsement on my US license). Would my bro-in-law need a drivers licence (he is a resident, but doesn't have a motor vehicle license)?
So: my sister lives in Sydney, would be in Melbourne for part of the first week of the Australian Open, spend  a couple days around Ayre's and Alice, and then not sure...any suggestions?

Thanks for your consideration and happy trails,
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coming to visit, would like to ride 09 Sep 2014 04:37 #4901

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Hi,

We are a Melbourne based club, with a separate AMTRA group in NSW.

There is a hire place in Melbourne, called Garners, which includes off road bikes. Depending on the exact time that you are in Melbourne/Vic we may be able to host a ride. We are a club, rather than a tour operator, so our rides happen when members have time off work. There are some tour operators in Victoria, some of whom tie in with bike hire as well. Check out Mt Buller motorcycle adventures as one such operator.

Jan/Feb is a very hot time of year, not the best for trail riding as very dusty as well. But we have members who ride through the year.

For your brother in law to ride he will need a licence, although the learners permit course would be sufficient to get out legally. As a club we expect all riders to be licenced and have registered bikes, as that is required to ride on public roads and tracks in the forest areas.

Hope that gives you some ideas to make plans on.

Don't know how long you intend to stay, but Mel, Syd and Alice is a lot of travelling distance even flying between them.

Regards,

Mat.
The older I get, the slower I was.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds