Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Big River - Email to DEPI

Big River - Email to DEPI 30 Jun 2014 16:15 #3399

• jhaylock
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Peter, 
Great chatting with you last Friday.
Please see below scanned map and my preliminary markings.
As we spoke about:
- the single track entry point is quite hidden, and is located on the upper section of morris track (the original, non-graded) section of the track- the track is in relatively good condition with the exception of a few fallen tree's which are passable on trail bikes- the track is relatively level and presents no real danger almost right up to the point I have marked where the track disappears- approx 500 meters, before the location where the track disappears, it track begins to descend steeper and steep.- between the point marked on the map where the track disappears and where it crosses the creek, this is a very sheer drop, difficult even on foot.- there are clear sign's of walkers and motorbike footprints, however there are few and far between, making it very difficult to locate the direction of the track entering down towards  the creek and on the other side of the creek heading up towards Snowy Road.
The main reason's for my concern are:
1. It is a wonderful track and provides plenty of challenges for the more experienced rider.2. However, it should be noted that if a small group of riders where to find themselves over-committed down this track, they could potentially experience great difficulty getting    themselves and there bike back up towards Morris track.
Ideally, a decision needs to made:
- the track requires some attention to have it cleared of fallen logs and overgrown ferns and shrubs, and more defined markings established- or the track needs to be closed off to ensure everyones safety, and to prevent a potential rescue operation should someone accidentally find themselves stuck down this   track    For the purposes of keeping it nice and basic, please feel free to contact me for more detail relating to the track.Further, I would be more than happy to meet with you and show you the exact location and the condition of the track.
As a member of AMTRA, I can only hope to continue to respect and preserve our state forests and continue to work with the DEPI to ensure that all users of the tracks remain safe.  

Kind regards, 
Chris De Properties0407 821 853

file://localhost/Users/Chris/Desktop/Big%20River%20-%20Single%20Trail%20Location%20Pap.pdf

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Big River - Email to DEPI 30 Jun 2014 18:39 #3401

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Looks like some background work going on there, Chris.

Good to see, thanks.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Big River - Email to DEPI 07 Aug 2014 16:01 #4141

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Looks like another group of riders may have gone down our track and got stuck at the same point. here is a video
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne

Big River - Email to DEPI 07 Aug 2014 20:10 #4150

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Been there.
Same results.
Al

Big River - Email to DEPI 11 Aug 2014 18:09 #4232

• Yazza
  • Fresh Boarder
That Video you posted .... my mate Andrew was the one who went down it and did that video !!
KLX 450R :)

NO, it's not a DRZ400 you idiot !!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds