Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: RIP Keith Friedrichsen

RIP Keith Friedrichsen 29 Mar 2021 20:14 #34175

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Sad day for the club again. Keith commonly know as Freddo passed away yesterday.
Keith was an active member and character in the 80s/ 90s. He rode most weekends as the rides were a plenty sometimes two every weekend. I remember a general meeting back in the Eltham community center he did post ride reports for 4 rides in a row. 
His bike maintenance was a little bit to be desired but his backing trailer skills were impeccable. One weekend ride held at Jamison we had the fastest trip there i have ever experienced. On the back road from Mansfeild with A can in his hand i looked down at his speedo , 160kph it read with 3 bikes in tow.  Another time i had just bought a new xr250 we went out from Healesville and just rode he new all the trails. He was so impressed with my bike he rang that night and offered to buy it from me, bloody hell I'd only had it for 4 days  , so then he went and got one himself.  Keith for the last 25 years lived in Cairns [Trinity Beach]. he went there for work reasons and just stayed living a relaxed life. Funny i could never get over how someone could ride nearly every weekend and then just go cold turkey never to get on a bike again.  Keith for the time i knew you you were a grouse mate , plenty of laughs , sitting in rivers with his hat and a can always up for a chat. 
Rest in peace Freddo. 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RIP Keith Friedrichsen 30 Mar 2021 07:11 #34181

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
also a vey active rider from around 75 I used to pick him up and take him to rides
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

RIP Keith Friedrichsen 05 Apr 2021 12:54 #34198

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi AMTRA,My name is Julie Holliday, ne Friedrichsen, and I am Keith Friedrichsen's sister.I have just sent a request to join AMTRA facebook, as I am seeking to access some photos that may be recently posted remembering Keith, after his very sad passing lat Sunday.I know Rob has been in touch with a few of the AMTRA group that knew Keith.Many ThanksJulie HollidayMob: 0425 700 864
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds