Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Amtra's 50th

Amtra's 50th 02 Jun 2019 19:52 #30015

• David Smith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Timmers wrote:
Peter R wrote:

yeh do that 
we all go riding out of wills Saturday morning come back and drink and eat and be merry and swag it 

Don't you mean caravan it :up:
Last Edit: 02 Jun 2019 19:53 by David Smith.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amtra's 50th 02 Jun 2019 22:10 #30016

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Sounds lile a a really good plan. A lot easier to get to Flowerdale for me.:)

Amtra's 50th 05 Jun 2019 22:43 #30025

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Ok , so the caterers can not make the date that i said. They have thrown the 5th of October at me. This also depends on the price which i will run pass the committee before hand.

Amtra's 50th 18 Jun 2019 20:46 #30096

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
Just an update on the 50th.
The caterers we had at the hcr came in way to high wasn't even worth consulting the committee.
Ive got on to a butcher shop in Whittlesea that caters for large events. Saturday night i'm looking at a spit roast with side dishes and a desert. Sunday morning you can feed yourselves. : }

Possibly look at a marque if needed , chairs tables and a skip. Cam Stewart is looking after the toilet situation and Will Graham is looking after the fires.
So now we need to start contacting present and past members photos and paraphernalia of Amtra. At our 40th anniversary there were a fair few photos large and small floating around if someone knows the where about's of those or anything else feel free to give me a call and i can arrange pick up. I've spoken to Ken, he mentioned maybe a commemorative tee shirt [Serge]. Any ideas are welcome.  
Thanks Rod 0418351744

Amtra's 50th 30 Jul 2019 20:55 #30408

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
So... The date is 19 and 20th Oct.
hmm should i check the calendar before i press submit?

Amtra's 50th 05 Aug 2019 11:59 #30448

• Peter E
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with the 50 year club celebration. Don't agree that it is seen by some simply as a ride a feed and a piss up.
as an older member I think that the function should be on the Sunday ( ie 11am to 5pm) with the set up on Saturday. This would give the older members and partners a better opportunity to attend in daylight hours rather as is proposed on Saturday night.  

Amtra's 50th 05 Aug 2019 18:21 #30451

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Peter E wrote:
I agree with the 50 year club celebration. Don't agree that it is seen by some simply as a ride a feed and a piss up.
as an older member I think that the function should be on the Sunday ( ie 11am to 5pm) with the set up on Saturday. This would give the older members and partners a better opportunity to attend in daylight hours rather as is proposed on Saturday night.  
nothing wrong with a ride and a piss up after all we are a trail bike riding club but I'm happy to go with the majority 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Amtra's 50th 05 Aug 2019 18:35 #30453

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
G'day Pete,
Its going to start Saturday morning for those who want to ride or just turn up & bench race about the past. Lunch is going to be snags & bread catered for or cater for your self. The reason its held over two days is not everyone can make it either day so it was decided this way by the members who turn up at the club meets. Saturday is going to be the main day leading into the night with a catered dinner with past & present re-masted video footage.
So i would think that Sunday wouldn't be as busy. It was never said it was going to be a piss up just responsible people staying the night after a few drinks. I hope you & Fran can make it. :)
Regards Rod.

Amtra's 50th 07 Aug 2019 19:32 #30477

• kerrywill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Rod,
 thanks for your efforts with all of this and getting the 50th going... can you confirm the date(s).. not sure if dates changed from original.
Cheers, Kerry

Amtra's 50th 09 Aug 2019 06:14 #30488

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Rod.
Never been to Willy's place, so just asking if Coop would be able to ride on the Saturday there, Or we may just have to do the social part on the Saturday night?
Al
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds