Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Qld Amtra

Qld Amtra 29 Nov 2018 14:01 #28397

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
From Facebook.
Seems like they appreciated our clubs donanation of $500, to help set up a Qld based Amtra?

For 2019 we are looking at changing our legal backers from Amtra ($65 pa) to AMA Adventure Rider ($15 pa single or $30 family licence) This new organisation is far cheaper plus included is personnel accident insurance for our rides. This $15 licence also can be used at applicable moto parks (GlenEcho has just changed over this week). There is also some big name groups changing over to this organisation so keep an eye out. Below attachment has all the joinging details. So use 'secure.advrider.asn.au/join-arca' to join, paypal your $15 then recieve your AMA card. You will need this at our 2019 Rides.
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2018 14:02 by Al.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Qld Amtra 29 Nov 2018 14:11 #28398

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Read that. They were expecting more from us than we have time to give. I don't think they undersood how our club works. Personally i would be happy for them to go with ama as I think we will for our insurance. That means the family days can be run again if we change to them.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

Qld Amtra 29 Nov 2018 15:38 #28399

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
I contacted the group when the donation to help develop a rider training area was approved by club members. As I heard no reply, no money was paid.

We are also going to be using AMA, for riding on private property. These rides will require members to have the AMA licence and AMTRA will become an AMA promoter group. All other rides will run as per usual through AMTRA without involvement with AMA.

Note we will have a cost to be an AMA promoter for private property rides. I have not investigated if there is a cost for AMA group that organises the trail rides. Our club structure is, and remains, a means to protect members that put on rides for other members, as well as run the club property and be a representative body. Also as an incorporated association we qualify for the Vic Club Permit scheme.

It works for Qld, and NSW for that matter, that have ride parks for all bikes. We have many ride parks in Vic - they are called State Forests.

I wish the Fraser Coast Trailriders all the best and am glad we were able to help get them started.
The older I get, the slower I was.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds