Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 21 Oct 2018 13:59 #27886

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
10/11/18 We will meet at the Eastbound Caltex at longwarry at 8.45an for a 9.30am departure the exact route is not finalised but the plan will be to take as much dirt as possible and as many state forest's as possible. We will need to have fuel for around 300KLMs, the return trip is around 250KLMs and 50 for spare. Should be a cruisy 2 1/2 hr trip either way and luch at the pub we should be getting back around 4.30pm ish. Please make sure you have tools and equipment to repair a punture.  Need to know who is coming sooner than later so we can book lunch at the pub.
1. Will Munro
2. Scotty H
3. Phil
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2018 21:03 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 21 Oct 2018 22:28 #27889

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey mate , let me think about it , YES , please put my name down and order me a Parma !! 
Thanks for putting the ride on Will , looking forward to it already . Regards Scotty 

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 22 Oct 2018 15:55 #27898

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Scott200 wrote:
Hey mate , let me think about it , YES , please put my name down and order me a Parma !! 
Thanks for putting the ride on Will , looking forward to it already . Regards Scotty 
Dunn
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 24 Oct 2018 08:35 #27928

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Willbar wrote:
10/11/18 We will meet at the Eastbound Caltex at longwarry at 8.45an for a 9.30am departure the exact route is not finalised but the plan will be to take as much dirt as possible and as many state forest's as possible. We will need to have fuel for around 300KLMs, the return trip is around 250KLMs and 50 for spare. Should be a cruisy 2 1/2 hr trip either way and luch at the pub we should be getting back around 4.30pm ish. Please make sure you have tools and equipment to repair a punture.  Need to know who is coming sooner than later so we can book lunch at the pub.
1. Will Munro
2. Scotty H
Ok some of the the route is worked out, Jindavik, through the Neerim State Forest to either Nojee and head north or to Icy Creek to Tanjil Bren. Hopefully I will go for a drive on Sunday to check some tracks out.  I went for a bit of a recky today 26/10/18, once we get to the Neerim State Forest we will continue down Latrobe River Rd to Hawthorn Creek, cross teh bridge and up Hawthorn Creek Rd to Ferguson,s and left at Baw Baw Tourist Rd and down through Noojee to Ridge Rd and follow until Mundic Track and onto link Tk and onto Toorongo Rd and into Nine Mile Rd all the way to the end at Warburton Woods point Rd and then head to Matlock to look for the police,  and onto Woods Point for Lunch.
Return Trip is still in the planning and would love some suggestions. 
Last Edit: 26 Oct 2018 21:10 by Willbar.

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 24 Oct 2018 09:59 #27930

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Put me on the list please Will.From Tanjil Bren yoiu could take South Face rd accross towards Rawson then up through Abberfeldy to Matlock.

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 24 Oct 2018 20:23 #27938

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
You guys are getting me excited

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 26 Oct 2018 21:10 #27988

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Willbar wrote:
Willbar wrote:
1. Will Munro
2. Scotty H
Ok some of the the route is worked out, Jindavik, through the Neerim State Forest to either Nojee and head north or to Icy Creek to Tanjil Bren. Hopefully I will go for a drive on Sunday to check some tracks out.  I went for a bit of a recky today 26/10/18, once we get to the Neerim State Forest we will continue down Latrobe River Rd to Hawthorn Creek, cross teh bridge and up Hawthorn Creek Rd to Ferguson,s and left at Baw Baw Tourist Rd and down through Noojee to Ridge Rd and follow until Mundic Track and onto link Tk and onto Toorongo Rd and into Nine Mile Rd all the way to the end at Warburton Woods point Rd and then head to Matlock to look for the police,  and onto Woods Point for Lunch.
Return Trip is still in the planning and would love some suggestions. 
Route Plan Updated 26/10/18

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 04 Nov 2018 22:40 #28051

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Mate , weather is looking great for your ride Will , looking forward to it !! Regards Scotty

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 05 Nov 2018 12:23 #28054

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
********************************************UPDATE 7/11/18************************************************
THE CORNER MAN SYSTEM WILL BE USED ON THIS RIDE ALONG WITH A RIDE SHEET SO PLEASE BRING YOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS WITH YOU.
10/11/18 We will meet at the Eastbound Caltex at longwarry at 7.45am for a 8.00am departure the exact route is now finalized. The plan is to take as much dirt and twisties as possible and as many state forest's as possible. We will need to have fuel for around 320KLMs, the return trip is around 300KLMs and 20 for spare. Their is fuel available for $3 per litre at Woods Point Pub. Should be a cruisy 4 hr trip to Woods Point lunch at the pub and a 2 1/2 to 3 hr return trip we should be getting back around 4.30pm ish. Please make sure you have tools and equipment to repair a puncture.  Need to know who is coming sooner than later so we can book lunch at the pub.
1. Will Munro
2. Scotty H
3. Phil
4. Chris
5. Nathan
6. Mark C
7. Fred S
8. Trevor B
9. Rob
Ok the route is worked out, Buln Buln  to Willow Grove to Tanjil South to Erica on  to the Thomson Valley Rd to the Walhalla Rd to Aberfeldy  then to Matlock and Woods Point around 170KLMs for lunch, the plan is to return via Matlock looking out for the police once again, then soiuth on Nine Mile Rd onto Toorongo Rd onto Link Tk and onto Mundic Tk onto Ridge Rd into Noojee then up the Baw Baw Tourist Rd to Fergusons and down Hawthorn Creek Rd to Latrobe River Rd out into Neerim South then through Jindavik to Longwarry for the refuel to home. Around 130KLMs return trip 
I have a spare bed at my place in Drouin so if some one from afar wants to come along but does not fancy the early rise or the late trip home they are welcome to the bed for the weekend. Feel free to call me to chat 0477690699
Last Edit: 09 Nov 2018 20:14 by Willbar.

ADVENTURE BOUND LONGWARRY TO WOODS POINT & RETURN 05 Nov 2018 16:38 #28055

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Willbar , can you please add another name to the list . Our workshop foreman Chris is joining us ( really good bloke except for the fact that he rides a KTM ) . See ya Saturday mate . Regards Scotty :up:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds