Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Leatt 5.5 Body Armour

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 15 May 2018 09:16 #26105

• Gerald
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I’m looking at getting upper body protection/body armour and from research it seems like the Leatt 5.5 Body Armour is about as good as it gets, but (there is always a but!) many reviews - probably not  the majority though - report the fabric is a bit fragile and delicate. 

Any opinions on Leatt and/or any other armour that you’d recommend, bearing in mind that it’s a high level of protection that is the main consideration here.

Cheers

Gerald 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 15 May 2018 10:12 #26106

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
I’m pretty sure Al Mason has this amour
Last Edit: 15 May 2018 10:12 by Timmers.

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 15 May 2018 10:31 #26107

• Chappa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Myself and son Tim both have 5.5 armour and love it sounds like you’ve done your research well the material is good but care needs to be given when taking off it’s very awkward to get off. 
Comfort is great and protection is amazing I tested last November had a sore shoulder for a couple of weeks I have no doubt it would have been much more serious with any other armour I’ve used. 

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 15 May 2018 11:07 #26108

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Hey Gearld.
I have had the leatt 5.5 armor for a few years, and have tested it lightly and very heavily and always have come up trumps. Mine has done a ship load of riding with many multiday rides and was comfortable and has next to no wear to speak of others than stains on the light grey mess. Is a little akward to get off. I replaced it a xmas for leatt's 3df armor that is much slimmer and lighter to wear. Important to me for the riding i like to do. And now needed a smaller size as i got a bit more serious about my fitness and riding.

I've also had a leatt neck brace since the turn of time and leatt c frame knee braces and all have been great quality and lasted well, and protected me thus far.

Your more than welcome to have a better look or try of my 5.5 armor (xxl) to see if what you want?
Al

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 16 May 2018 23:40 #26129

• BeardMoto
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
G’day al, I might be interested in buying the XXL off you!
Do they run semi-true to size, or otherwise?
I’m located in Ferntree Gully, but willing to travel for a deal!
Cheers,
Liam

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 17 May 2018 07:41 #26131

• Gerald
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Hey Al, Chappa & Tim,

Thanks for coming back to me on this.  It’s good to get unbiased opinions and feedback from people who actually use one.

Al,  like you I’m pleased to be able to say that I have downsized a bit since we met at the Daylesford ride day, hence I need one size smaller than the one you’ve got. Thanks for the offer. 

Yesterday a 5.5 was added to my “bike stuff”.

I have bragging rights Chappa, getting into and out of it was pretty easy, but, it’s really awkward zipping the thing up. Years of wrestling full body maximum thickness diving wetsuits has given me a whole new perspective on the meaning of difficult. Being careful though is mandatory as I think you’re spot on with thinking the material could be damaged without too much effort.

Gerald

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 17 May 2018 08:42 #26132

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Liam.
Yes mate sizes are real. I'm also in Ferntree Gully if you want to have a look. Its hanging in the cupboard in the spare room. Just got to dig out the detachable neck brace panels.
Al

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 18 May 2018 12:11 #26142

• BeardMoto
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Legend mate, can you inbox me withhow much you’re thinking?

Leatt 5.5 Body Armour 18 May 2018 13:20 #26143

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
Pm sent mate
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds