Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Timely message

Timely message 18 Mar 2018 20:20 #25205

• andianjul
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
It's a risky past-time we enjoy as trail riders.  Three weeks ago, two riders on my relatively easy going ride, came a cropper. One at a slow speed, the other at a quicker pace (but far from WOT!) One was, relatively speaking, a 'nothing' incident, (obviously, not 'nothing' for the rider concerned), the other was a spectacular get-off (I witnessed it in real time). Both required hospitalisation and both riders will take some time to heal. Less fortunate than them is the rider who crashed last weekend and lost his life. I've heard nothing about this in the local news, but I know some people who are close to the rider's grieving family; he was a local to this area (NE Vic).
I've personally had the odd incident, or two, whilst riding, but I've been lucky.
It's my fervent hope that we will all ride in a manner that reflects an awareness of the risks associated with our 'sport', and that we will always be mindful of the possibility that there are other riders on the trails we are riding... and that they might be heading towards us!
Stay safe.
‘16 Sherco SEFR450, ‘98 Yamaha WR200
"You're the dumbest smart person I know"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trevor b, Darren lynch, simonj, Jeff Grogan, Gerald
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds