Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The pain, the bloody pain.

The pain, the bloody pain. 21 Aug 2017 15:47 #22409

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
 I got in to get a CT scan done on my spine & had to get some X-rays done as well at 2:10, I was all propped up with some support under my legs so I could lay down on my back long enough to get the CT scan done, well it didn't take long & the pain down my leg to my knee was getting bad, I told them to harry it up because the pain was getting worse by the millisecond, mu breathing was getting shorter & shorter, then I said in a loud voice    GET ME OUT OFF HERE I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER, so I never got it done.

They said to come back when I'm feeling better, now that's funny, When I'm feeling better, then there's no need to go back I reckon.

No one can do anything for me, so I'll have to massage the tender spots my self & hope it come good soon.

I'm not after sympathy, I'm just letting ya's know how my pain in the back/leg is going.

I took Max out for a short walk with a lot off discomfort, I walked to the last track I cleared to see if anyone had found it, going by the marks on the ground a lot of bikes had been on the track that goes past my new one, Haha, only one tyre mark in there :)
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2017 17:06 by Frankieboy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The pain, the bloody pain. 21 Aug 2017 18:34 #22413

• Chappa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
That doesn't sound good at all mate. Be sure to let us know if you need anything done while you rest up. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frankieboy

The pain, the bloody pain. 21 Aug 2017 19:09 #22414

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
Chappa wrote:
That doesn't sound good at all mate. Be sure to let us know if you need anything done while you rest up. 

Thanks mate, I'll get through this like I did before, I've had this  years ago, it's a nerve in the groin that needs to be put back in place, the fella that fixed me up was a Bank Manger,  & worked from his tin shed in his back yard,he learn't his skills in the war years, when I went to him he knew straight away what my trouble was, he had me back on my feet in no time, he is now retired, yeah old age sucks.  

Last Edit: 21 Aug 2017 19:18 by Frankieboy.

The pain, the bloody pain. 21 Aug 2017 19:45 #22416

• Chappa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
He sounds like the old fella my old man used to take his greyhounds to. He'd feel around all their muscles and could tell you exactly how your dog was performing and why bit more of a poke and prod and they would be good as new

The pain, the bloody pain. 22 Aug 2017 11:11 #22424

• stewby
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Frankie,

I've had to have lots of MRI's and CT scans for various injuries over the journey and although I was able to lay inside the machine without too many dramas I've had friends that because of either pain or claustrophobia couldn't stand to be inside the machine. Once finding this out the next time they attempted to get the scans done their doctor prescribed them a valium or similar which both helps with pain especially back pain and also helps with any anxiety caused by claustrophobia.
The only catch is you will need someone on hand to drive you home after.

Hope this helps

The pain, the bloody pain. 22 Aug 2017 11:15 #22425

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
stewby wrote:
Hi Frankie,

I've had to have lots of MRI's and CT scans for various injuries over the journey and although I was able to lay inside the machine without too many dramas I've had friends that because of either pain or claustrophobia couldn't stand to be inside the machine. Once finding this out the next time they attempted to get the scans done their doctor prescribed them a valium or similar which both helps with pain especially back pain and also helps with any anxiety caused by claustrophobia.
The only catch is you will need someone on hand to drive you home after.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate.

I'll talk to my Doctor about it.

The pain, the bloody pain. 23 Aug 2017 14:30 #22432

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/KrianBanner.jpg

I tried to do post up a around the world adventure ride, it didn't work.

Last Edit: 23 Aug 2017 15:43 by Frankieboy.

The pain, the bloody pain. 06 Sep 2017 11:11 #22585

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
Update on my pain in the back/leg.
It's a lot better now, I've still got a bit of tenderness just below the right knee, looks like I've got     Patella Tendonitis  I've had this discomfort feeling for a long time, I could put up with it, it was just annoying, I've got exercises to do, it all helps.

I'm happy that I'm still alive & doing what I love doing,          no not that :)         riding bikes.:)
Three weeks ago a fella at the age of 74 dripped dead at our shopping center from a heart attack, they worked on him for a while with no good out come, I was talking with the Lady at the hairdressers about it yesterday, she told me that there was another one that had a heart attack at Mid valley shopping center  last week that had passed away as well.

So as I said I'm happy to be alive, you just never know when ya number is up.

I'm feeling good enough to go riding so I'll post up a ride for the last Saturday in the month 30-9-17
see Members Rides for details.

The pain, the bloody pain. 06 Sep 2017 12:32 #22587

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Frankie , really good to hear your going well , maybe next time Paul wont get us lost :D See you soon . Regards Scotty

The pain, the bloody pain. 06 Sep 2017 14:11 #22591

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
Scott200 wrote:
Hey Frankie , really good to hear your going well , maybe next time Paul wont get us lost :D See you soon . Regards Scotty

Haha, yeah, I bet he will pay more attention this time, I say this time because I'm sure he will be coming, he likes this ride more then me I reckon, & that is saying something, isn't that so Paul !! :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds