Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Back in the saddle...and back in the fold!

Back in the saddle...and back in the fold! 31 Jul 2017 23:15 #22081

• kerrywill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
I've recently rejoined AMTRA after a somewhat lengthy hiatus. Last membership sticker on my old helmet was 1981!  I first joined in Feb 1973, riding Bultacos and later an Ossa, and was secretary for a few years mid 70’s when m/ships were around 400 from memory. Had my first ride in 37 years last weekend at Harrow, albeit 2 runs of the shorter loop and the motocross track… with no ‘get offs’ or landing on my arse, although with slightly rusty style!  The old Ossa 250 Super Pioneer, finally restored and on its (and my) first outing, behaved with perfect manners, starting 1st kick in the parc ferme after a wet night in the elements ….and despite the suggestion of some pundits…. did NOT need to be towed home!
Caught up with a few old AMTRA faces after many years; Bruce Dryburgh, Don Britt, Peter Ellard and Peter Drakeford and chewed the fat, reminiscing on a few rides, AMTRA characters and Wonnangatta epics. Looking
forward to some rides with the old club, albeit somewhat more circumspectly these days…the age of fearless youth well past!                                                                                                                                  
 ps.  Alpina and Sherpa T well on the way! Glad to see the club still going strong!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trevor b

Back in the saddle...and back in the fold! 01 Aug 2017 10:21 #22084

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Hi Mate, & welcome back into the club.
I hope to catch up with you soon, when you joined the club I was a member of the MCRCV, my first dirtbike was a Bultaco, my two older brothers had them as well, they also had Ossa's I never have one of those, Bultaco's were bad enough after doing river crossings & ending up with no brakes, but those Ossa"s were even worse, they only had to smell water.

It'll be great to have a chat about riding dirtbikes when we were young, I've got a lot of good memories, I'm sure you have as well.

cheers mate.

Frankie.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds