Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: ted is back in hospital

ted is back in hospital 31 Jan 2016 18:59 #14108

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Hey guys, Helen has advised that Ted is back in hospital and will be staying at Peter Mac while they sort out his medication. 

Just to keep you all posted.

Bob . 
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ted is back in hospital 31 Jan 2016 19:13 #14110

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Thanks Bob for keeping us in the loop
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

ted is back in hospital 06 Feb 2016 15:32 #14216

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Teds back home for now until he starts his treatment which fortunately are only day trips so he will have an ambulance pick him up and bring him home each day. He sounded really good when I spoke to him this morning but he has a rough few weeks ahead of him and is already planning beyond that to get back on his bike. 
Onya Ted....
Xxx
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

ted is back in hospital 06 Feb 2016 17:04 #14217

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Thanks for that Bob and fingers crossed for Ted.

My first recollection of Ted is from a Len Rhodes Castlemaine mines tour ride. I was following this bloke on an XR350 who was going Ok until he decided to go straight ahead on a sweeping right hander. There was a lot of low scrub to get thru before the first decent sized tree, but Ted made it, Boom, head first into the tree. Not a bad effort I thought as I rode over to lend a hand. Don't know why I did that he said, as we pulled the greenery off him and the bike, and off we went.

A few years later on another Len Rhodes Castlemaine ride (Where are you Lenny?) Ted was complaining about the handling on his DRZ400, give us a go I said. I couldn't believe how loose the steering head bearings were. After a quick bit of track side maintenance ted was very happy with his DRZ again.
It's just more time to be flat out!

ted is back in hospital 06 Feb 2016 17:51 #14218

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
I remember a Ted at Lenny's ride, where his head stem bearings had seized and he could only manage left hand turns!

Sounds similar Kenneth, perhaps it was the same ride?
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

ted is back in hospital 06 Feb 2016 20:08 #14220

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Bless him, he always has a funny tail to share, wish he could have been with us today, I know how much he loves the Avon Wilderness :) 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

ted is back in hospital 06 Feb 2016 21:41 #14221

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Serge C wrote:
I remember a Ted at Lenny's ride, where his head stem bearings had seized and he could only manage left hand turns!

Sounds similar Kenneth, perhaps it was the same ride?

Your memory could be better than mine Serge so maybe it was siezed head bearings and we just loosened them a bit, same result - Ted was happier.

Who is this person with a funny tail you are blessing Willbar?
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2016 21:44 by Ken R.

ted is back in hospital 07 Feb 2016 19:15 #14241

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi all.
Thought I would just pass on how Father Ted was today when I went to visit him. Firstly Ted was very greatfull and a little overwhelmed, with all the msgs from his Amtra family. His speech has improved heaps since I first spoke to him out of hospital. And I thoroughly enjoyed my couple of hours chatting with him today, and discussing Amtra, life, the past, future and the world. :)
Ted is home for a bit before starting his next round of radiation therapy. His leg from where they stole the bone to replace his jaw bone is giving him the most grief, but he was up and walking about when I got there and walked me to the care. Well with a small stumble, but I think he was actually going in for a hug.   :D
Al
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willbar
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds