Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Ride leaders.

Ride leaders. 01 Jan 2016 11:00 #13618

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Happy new year everyone.

Yeah I know I said that I should keep my mouth shut & keep out of trouble........., that was last year :)

Now that I'm one of the ride leaders, my aim is to put on a ride to suite everyone that comes along, we as ride leaders can only go by what we think to easy or hard, what I would like to see is, after the ride put up a small ride report to let us know how the day went for you, if parts of it was to hard tell us, we need the feed back so we can improve our rides, I can't talk for other ride leaders, but on my rides if there's some part of the course you weren't happy about I wan't to know about it, in the past I've cracked the shits on one of Wills rides at Neerim South, now that's hill is called Frankie's track :)        I'm sure I speak for all the ride leaders, we put on rides for the club & the members, & do it with a smile on our faces.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ride leaders. 02 Jan 2016 12:07 #13645

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Find a knarly track around Churchill and just call it "Will's Track". :)

Yep, feedback to the ride leaders after the ride is appreciated, especially if there were bits you really loved or bits you could do without revisiting. 

Also don't forget to say thanks at the end of the ride before you head off.
The older I get, the slower I was.

Ride leaders. 02 Jan 2016 15:12 #13649

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Mat R wrote:
Find a knarly track around Churchill and just call it "Will's Track". :)

Yep, feedback to the ride leaders after the ride is appreciated, especially if there were bits you really loved or bits you could do without revisiting. 

Also don't forget to say thanks at the end of the ride before you head off.

There's a knarly bit off track, the locals have named it the Camel back , I've ridden down it 3 times, it's got big step ups deep ruts & just when ya think you got through the worst of it & then you discover there's more, I'll have to take Will there one day & wait for him to have a melt down & then we can rename it to Wills track :) My dog Max & I was walking up it some time ago in the wet, I had to find a good sturdy stick to push my self up the hill, well it was either that or crawl up on my hands & knees, I thought a stick was a better idea, when we got to a track junction I met 2 young blokes out for a ride, to save me a bit of walking I asked them where does that track go, he said that it's not a bad track & then it gets to a impossible hill climb, so I thought no need to go there then, I then asked, what about the other one, with a little laugh he said that's the same, Max & I did find the top of one of the tracks he was talking about, while we were exploring that area, I didn't even want to walk down it. being retired gives me something to do, it keeps me fit as well :) it is very relaxing walking around in the bush with ya dog, I will say though it's more fun riding the bike around there :) I'm working on a area with a bit more open trails that heads to Balook, nice little place to have lunch there, I've only been there once a long time ago, I'm pretty sure you can get fuel there, anyway I'll find out soon enough. 
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds