Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Attention TTR & CRF 230 buyers/ owners.

Attention TTR & CRF 230 buyers/ owners. 13 Dec 2015 21:54 #13347

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Tried it out yet?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Attention TTR & CRF 230 buyers/ owners. 13 Dec 2015 22:34 #13348

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Only done 10kms putting around the paddocks at this stage - had to wait for a free day to get rec rego done, and want to fit some barkbusters and a smaller taillight/number plate holder before I take it bush-bashing - but I'm hanging out to take it for a proper ride.

So far, my thoughts are that the weight is quite well distributed, and the centre of gravity seems really low - it makes it feel very stable when standing up. You can shift your weight on your footpegs and the bike responds instantly.

I can't say much about the power delivery yet, as I haven't given it much throttle so far. What I've felt so far is that it has plenty of bottom end, so much like the XR200 in that respect. It has a massive amount of engine brake for such a small motor, but that is probably partially due to the tightness of it. The gearbox is pretty notchy at the moment, but that is also to be expected with a new motor.

It seems to have very good quality fittings, and the build quality seems fine so far. The air cleaner is maybe a little too exposed for really dusty conditions, but time will tell with that -  I have seen an airbox cover mentioned on one of the AJP websites, so there is that option available if needed.

One dislike so far - the idle screw is hidden behind the main frame spar, and is a smooth screwdriver slot type, which makes it very hard to turn with your fingers. I'll be changing that to a knurled one, or something similar when I get the chance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds