Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bike Thefts

Bike Thefts 04 Jul 2015 00:15 #10992

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
In the last 3 months 2 mates have been ripped off, one lost 4 dirtbikes (YZ250, WR450, CRF250 and a CRF450) and another lost a bike trailer and 2 KTM450 and a KTM 300. The KTM's were stolen from a underground carpark iunder an apartment complex. The police should get out and catch these idiots instead of revenue raising (fining people with gopros on their helmets and tinted visers) And the courts give them long jail terms in our non smoking prisons.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bike Thefts 04 Jul 2015 09:38 #10993

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Put the bike in the garage and take one wheel out. Put the wheel in another place. 

Park the trailer with locks on the coupling. I have a lock thru the lock down hole and then cross the chains thru the handle and put a lock thru the chains as well.

PS - while the wheel is out, and you still have the bike, check the wheel bearings, alternate the wheels, back comes out twice to front once.
I have been giving you knuckleheads this tip for 30 years, anybody out there??
It's just more time to be flat out!

Bike Thefts 04 Jul 2015 15:10 #10994

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ken R wrote:
Put the bike in the garage and take one wheel out. Put the wheel in another place. 

Park the trailer with locks on the coupling. I have a lock thru the lock down hole and then cross the chains thru the handle and put a lock thru the chains as well.

PS - while the wheel is out, and you still have the bike, check the wheel bearings, alternate the wheels, back comes out twice to front once.
I have been giving you knuckleheads this tip for 30 years, anybody out there??
I secure my shed and bikes well but will only stop the honest thief with a shed full of tools incl angle grinders and bolt cutters etc and spare wheels if they really want them they will get em so $330 each and they are insured for agreed value let's hope they never find my place or yours.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds