Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 08:55 #9934

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Anyone with a tray back ute thinking of fitting L.E.D Technologies lights, DONT.
I thought I would do the right thing and support an Australian company and their locally made product and they don't work correctly and no back up offered by L.E.D Tech other than we can sell you a different light that might work on your vehicle. 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
The administrator has disabled public write access.

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 16:56 #9941

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Will,   would it be possible for you to give a little bit of detail as to where the lights failed to achieve the desired results.  
Just interested,
Phil R.

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 20:26 #9954

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
all is normal Phil till you start the engine with the taillights on, and the brake lights come on all by themselves, I spent a couple of hours checking for back feed of power in the car from the light wiring, trailer wiring and electric brake wiring, added their load resistors as recommend by them to make no change, still the same, then sent them a video to them and they agreed their seamed to be an issue but if they bench tested them then their would be no help, I informed them at that point of time that they worked fine on the bench with a constant 12v as I had already done this to validate the lights but as soon as the voltage goes up due to the alternator charging thats when things change, they agreed that if I sent them back then they would exchange them for some other units that may work on my 2003 BA ford ute. Once they received them they called me to tell me they bench tested them and there was nothing wrong with them, dah I said I told your customer service team this before I sent them back, the exchange now turned into for another $140 we can send you the others, ahh hello I just spent $280 plus load resistors for zero outcome, don't think Im about to spend anymore with your crappy company I will just do what everyone else normally does and by the chinese units at half the price.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 20:35 #9957

• Darren lynch
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
That's no good Will
On my Klx i had to fit one way diodes on both power supply's (stop and tail) to stop my power feeding back thru each other. :)
Not saying this will fix the problem but worth checking

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 20:56 #9962

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Darren lynch wrote:
That's no good Will
On my Klx i had to fit one way diodes on both power supply's (stop and tail) to stop my power feeding back thru each other. :)
Not saying this will fix the problem but worth checking
They suggested I make contact with Ford to see what I needed to modify on my car to make their taillights which are ADR compliant so they would work as they where designed, fark that they should work out the packet especially at the price I paid. I recently fitted HID kits to the headlamps, easy straight forward, was so impressed I fitted them to the high beam side today with the only mod being moving the rubber grommet on their loom down against the globe to secure to lock on the back of the ford light. 

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 03 May 2015 22:02 #9963

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey Will
If what you are saying is correct then connecting the ground and each wire separately on the battery with the motor running should give you the same result .
As you said you have electric brakes, did you pull the fuse on the electrics brakes as they usually connect across the pedal switch.
if the lights work correctly when tested across the battery at the higher voltage then a wiring issue it may be
grounding faults of something else looking for an earth could also turn your lights on  as LEDS don't need much current to turn on
you could be in the milli amp range
If you have a milli amp meter place it in series with the wire that is feeding the problem light ( dose the stop light go off when you disconnect its feed wire ) start in the amps range unless you have a pocket full of meter fuses
Good luck
This can do your head in
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willbar

L.E.D Technologies CRAP lights 04 May 2015 20:22 #9989

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
It Looks like you might have a Problem with the Spongerlating  Gongle Pod !!!
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds